Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 266771
    That is so freaky...my mom was born in Archbald and my dad was from Olyphant! Go Smidgens!!! I went to HS in Olyphant...couldn't you just die?
    You wouldn't happen to know any families by the name of Noon. Durkin. McAndrew or Zylinski would you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 266869
    You wouldn't happen to know any families by the name of Noon. Durkin. McAndrew or Zylinski would you?
    I knew of some McAndrews but that is a pretty common name up there. Will be spending Christmas in PA this year. My brother now lives in Nazareth..yup that is right I am going to Nazareth for Christmas, but will get to Bethlehem too.

I will of course visit my cousins, nephews, nieces, aunties and uncles in Scranton some time during the holiday.

Of course get some Gertrude Hawks candy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mairead, the flan sounds lovely. Would you care to share the recipe?

Made Herself the first batch of cognac spiked eggnog this week. :D So it's started, the approach to the "holidays."

'Catz, the candle lighting ceremony is beautiful. Thank you for sharing that with us.

'Ducky, you poor precious babe! A Velvet Dress?! I know you were beautiful though, and your parents have those good memories.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone would want to share a recipe or two that would be lovely!!Especially if it's the one thing that makes it Christmas for you!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 266939
    Made Herself the first batch of cognac spiked eggnog this week. :D So it's started, the approach to the "holidays."

:
    Spiked Eggnog, You know i find the thought of eggnog hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    ive never had egg nog let alone spiked egg nog! what is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just made three Christmas cakes, the house smelled gorgeous and all seemed right with the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Eggnog is a cream (and milk) based drink with eggs added, and some spices... and some liquor. :D I know most of the UK folks shudder at the thought, but it's really lovely and velvety and smooth... then you add the liquor. :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooh, so the liquor is the spiked bit then. Dont think id make it at home, but if i went anywhere and there was some id give it a go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 267042
    Oooh, so the liquor is the spiked bit then. Dont think id make it at home, but if i went anywhere and there was some id give it a go!
    Advocaat in bottles is more or less the same thing, not freshly made but the same thing though. We use it to make a drink called snowballs. You put British fizzy lemonade in a glass about halfway with a dash of lime cordial then top up with Advocaat, give it a stir and it will go frothy, delicious! This won't work with American still lemonade.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast