Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like
    We do this from time to time and I find it to be a lovely tradition in the making.

Share your Christmas traditions and "what do you do on Christmas day" with us? What do you do on Christmas Eve? Boxing Day?

What are your special traditions and how did they come to be? Is it something from your childhood, or is it something you "invented" for yourself as an adult?

What do you have for food? Drink? Parties?

It's so nice to hear about the celebrations we all have.

So? Won't you share with us?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I love love love christmas!!!

Christmas Eve we make a cake for Santa and leave it out with some milk and of course a carrot for rudolf. Santa has his own special plate and mug and we leave it on a little table with a sparkly little tree on it.

Once Isabelle is ready for bed on christmas eve she is allowed to open a present from under the tree - this is what used to happen in my house (usually with a bit of gentle persuasion towards a nice christmas book!!)

Christmas morning is always chaotic, boxes and paper everywhere, cats diving in the big bits of paper and running off with the balls of paper Breakfast is whatever you want, even chocolate cus afterall its christmas!

Lunch is usually roast pork with lots of cracking, roast potatos, swede and carrot, sprouts and green beans, stuffing, apple sauce and lots of gravey!
    Christmas afternoon we visit my mum and then the inlaws. Boxing say is usually spent out my sisters house with all of my family.

Oh, and every year since dd was born i have collected a special little plate decoration for the tree from the disney shop, it has the year on it and a little picture of either mickey and minnie or winnie the pooh

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh how nice that all sounds!!!

When we were children we were allowed to open a single present on Christmas Eve too. It was always new pajamas.

Your dinner sounds delicious!

Thanks for sharing with us.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 266616
    Oh how nice that all sounds!!!

When we were children we were allowed to open a single present on Christmas Eve too. It was always new pajamas.

Your dinner sounds delicious!

Thanks for sharing with us.
    we always had the new pajamas too! I still buy them for everyone even though they're grown!(except for Ty of course)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure this year what we will do. Without Mom it seems so empty some how. We usually have a big Christmas brunch for just the 5 of us(now 4) And a big Christmas dinner with my daughter, her husband and now Sienna for her first Christmas. My brother will be there as well. I think this year we will have a lazy dinner in our new P.J's with appetizers, finger foods, snacks and desserts. If anyone has any suggestions, please advise! We'll put on lots of corny Christmas movies like The Christmas Story, White Christmas and Christmas Vacation. Our big celebration is when Adri comes home from Vermont and everyone will be here big and small. All 24 of us!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Same here. Our Christmas is going to be deliberately different because of our loss.

I'm hoping that as members add to this thread we'll both find some Christmas spirit, eh Sis?

Post Thanks / Like
    Your mums will still be with you, they never go away you know! Just to change the subject slightly, my friend lost her dad when she was little, every year on christmas morning the doorbell goes and theres never anybody there - one year there was snow and no footprints or anything was left. She said she knows its her dad just letting her know he's still around, i think thats lovely!

Santa always brings jammies here - thats his job!

Post Thanks / Like
    We're going to my brother's house on Christmas Day. There will be 6 dogs in one house, possibly 7 if Uncle Daniel comes too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 266631
    Your mums will still be with you, they never go away you know! Just to change the subject slightly, my friend lost her dad when she was little, every year on christmas morning the doorbell goes and theres never anybody there - one year there was snow and no footprints or anything was left. She said she knows its her dad just letting her know he's still around, i think thats lovely!

Santa always brings jammies here - thats his job!
    Kate that is lovely

I agree, they are always near

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 266629
    Same here. Our Christmas is going to be deliberately different because of our loss.

I'm hoping that as members add to this thread we'll both find some Christmas spirit, eh Sis?
    You said it sis

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast