I will tell you what happened once before I was married... we were engaged to be married and both of us come from a large family but his parents had divorced and remarried and both families had had children so his family had grown even larger...

To fit them all in so no one was offended by not seeing us as there were still some rivalries going on and we couldn't do one and not the other (sighs).. We had Christmas dinner at my parents house early, then we rushed over to his Dad and Step mothers house and had another Christmas dinner with those siblings and everyone, then we had to leave and have another Christmas dinner with his Mothers family and siblings there then we had to go and have a late Christmas dinner with his Grandparents and then we had to rush to have Christmas dinner with a cousin of his who was hosting his first Christmas dinner with his fairly new wife and wanted to impress his friends and such. I couldn't hardly eat much by then and hope I didn't offend but seriously... never again. We never did that again and after that we stayed and had Christmas dinner in our own home.

I swear this is true... FIVE Christmas dinners in ONE day :(