Thread: We have booked our ADRs! Just sharing to spread the calories around!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, after the drama and difficulty of trying and failing to book my ADRs via Disney's not-so-wonderful online booking system I have managed to secure them over the phone. It has taken a big change in my mindset to embrace this thing of planning where we are going to eat and what we are going to do six months before we get there, but after being pleasantly surprised by our Deluxe Dining Plan experience last year we have decided we are more than happy to do the same again. We know that we will most likely change some things around when we get there, but that's fine. We've based where we will eat on the current info we have for May 12 on park hours and EMH. So, here is where the two big piggies expect to eat in May 2012

On the first day we get to the Beach Club around 5pm after a very long day of travelling, so we intend to have a swim in the pool and grab a burger from Beaches & Cream or Hurricane Hannah's. Then:

Day 1
    7am Chef Mickey's
    Lunch - a Casey's hotdog!!
    5:30pm Tutto Italia, outside on the terrace (early because for us our bodyclocks will be at 10:30pm...zzzzzz... )

Day 2
    EMHM at HS, so a counter service brekkie to see us through (snack credits)
    11:10am Sci Fi Diner. This is our 1st time here!
    6pm Flying Fish - yum!

Day 3
    7:30am Cape May
    Lunch - we're not sure of as this may be a shopping and pool day.
    6:35pm - YSH. We will be requesting Ricardo as our server, and so hoping it will be way better than our experience there 2 years ago!

Day 4
    EMHM at AK, so we will have brekkie at RFC.
    5:25pm - Le Cellier (Dinner), then an evening in the World in EPCOT

Day 5
    8:05am - Cindy's Royal Table! And an empty Main Street!
    Lunch - nothing, as we need to prepare our stomach's for...
    5:30pm - Victoria and Albert''s

Day 6
    8:30am Boma
    Blizzard Beach day - Mr Deb has never been before - so a snack lunch
    5:30pm San Angel Inn. Yes, we know it's not authentic food, but we do love the ambience in here!! Then another evening in the World!

Day 7
    9:30am Crystal Palace - we think it's EMHM at MK
    7:05pm Artist Point

Day 8
    8:30am Ohana's
    7:20pm California Grill

Day 9
    EMHM at HS, so counter service snack credit brekkie.
    1pm Yak & Yeti

Day 10
    8am Cape May
    7pm Narcoossee's

Day 11
    9:30am Tusker House (EMHM at AK)
    5:50pm Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic package

These aren't booked yet but we're hoping for:

Day 12
    8:30am Chef Mickey's
    7pm Jiko

Day 13
    Not sure about brekkie
    6:30pm Chefs des Frances, and spend our last evening watching EPCOT Illuminations

Day 14
    8am Cape May
    Lunch before leaving - not sure

We really would like to eat in the Grand Floridian cafe at some point so we are still working on fitting that in! And to have light lunch outside on the terrace at Tutto Italia - that antipasto platter is amazing with a good bottle of wine!!!

And then maybe when we get back I shall join a gym

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Deb, you've chosen some nice places there All the walking will stop you having to join a gym

With regard to your reservation at YSH, send Terry a PM and he will email Ricardo for you or if he forgets, I can email him - not that Terry forgets anything :wink: . Ricardo will them make sure that he isn't on a day off and also make a note on your reservation for you.

If you haven't met him before he is really lovely

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Wendy! I'll do that

I have met him - when we went to YSH two years ago we had a totally mediochre experience - disinterested server, awful table at the back despite the place being empty. We were really disappointed, and while we were having coffee "someone" arrived in a seeming whirlwind, and I knew it had to be Ricardo I accosted him at the table, and told him how I knew of him, and he told me off for not requesting him! It was however our first year of eating in any proper Disney restaurants and we hadn't realised we could do that, but we were kicking ourselves that we hadn't. So this time we will be really looking forward to it!

Post Thanks / Like
    yummy!!!!!!!!

Its so fun to see someone else's schedule... I love that you can make it to EMH in the morning! I dont think we will EVER manage that!

Post Thanks / Like
    You have several breakfasts at Cape May! No dinners though... you may want to try and squeeze that one in.

Ricardo is a sweet, dear man. If you are able to have him for a server it will make all the difference at YSH. Honestly? He's the only reason left that we go there.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mari, the reason we make the EMH mornings are because we are jetlagged!! In the evening we are really tired and struggle to make the evening magic hours!

Tink, we're eating a few times in Cape May with it being our hotel's restaurant. We figured we'd want to tumble out of bed a couple of mornings and just wander downstairs! We did enjoy the breakfasts there last year too, especially when Minnie made me get up so she could sit with Mr Deb and have coffee The evening buffet is on our shortlist too....I can see a few changes being made before we get there, and even afterwards. We did change it around quite a bit last year after we got there dependent on how we felt.

Terry has very kindly taken our details to give to Ricardo, and so we are happy that we will at least have a happy experience! Both of us love steak, so we are hoping that this time the food will not disappoint

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb, post: 266789
    Terry has very kindly taken our details to give to Ricardo, and so we are happy that we will at least have a happy experience! Both of us love steak, so we are hoping that this time the food will not disappoint
    Terry's a sweetheart isn't he I keep meaning to ask him if he's on commission :wink:

You will love Ricardo and he will make sure that everything goes without a hitch and I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the food at all

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb, post: 266789
    Mari, the reason we make the EMH mornings are because we are jetlagged!! In the evening we are really tired and struggle to make the evening magic hours!
    And we have the opposite problem, we can never make it anywhere before 11am hahahaha