Not really sure on that one Josh.

There are things I like and things I don't.

Of course, with Lion you've got the segway into iCloud. But so far, I haven't been terribly impressed with that. Maybe that's just because it's kind of behind the scenes and doesn't have much of a visible presence.

Other than that, they've done some things in areas that I don't really like. For instance, they've modified the document saving behavior in things like TextEdit, Pages, Numbers, and KeyNote. Maybe others. I'm not sure. If you create a document in any of those and save it, then come back in and make modifications to it, they auto-save it for you. Even if you don't want to. I've had instances where I've created a document, then just closed the application. Normally, I'd expect the dialog that asks if you want to save your changes. No more. It just quits quietly and auto-saves your changes whether you want it to or not. I've lost the content of more than one document that way when I was trying out changes that I didn't really want to save. They call this whole thing auto-save and versions. Wish they'd give me a way to turn it off for each program.

Other things however can be pretty useful.

Full screen can be good. Sometimes.

Mission Control (sorta replaces Spaces) can also be good.

Launch Pad is a waste. Might be OK if you've only got a few apps but if you've got dozens, it's more of a pain to navigate than the just taking a look in your applications folder.

If you use the track pad, the gestures can be useful. I just can' get used to using a track pad.

I like having the app store. But if they change the developer agreement the way they're talking about by having the developers have to conform to sandboxing, it'll probably hurt it. Maybe over time it will work itself out but initially, I'm sure that there's some developers who won't do it.

Resume can be useful. The only problem with it is that it's global. You can only turn it on and off for everything via System Preferences. There are ways you can do it individually through the preferences commands on the command line. And there's a couple of people who have put together small apps that will let you control it on an individual application basis.

I don't know. To me it seems like they're taking away some control I used to have.
I may be old school but I'm not really sure I like that.

All in all, it's an ok update. Just study it in advance and be prepared for some of the changes.

Tom (... still on the fence about it.)