Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are back

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Donna and I are back to work today after our two week holiday. I wish I could say it was a great holiday but alas it was only good. Unfortunately Donna was ill the whole time, unable to eat most of the meals we had planned and the last few days we were there we did very little park wise. My legs and hips also gave out on me but I wasn't about to pay $70/day for one of Disney's ECVs. Trip reports will be posted as soon as I get the chance.

I was hoping for a few months of normalcy in my life following almost 8 months of being out of my office on a special project. However, I'm sitting here waiting for a phone call that is probably going to pull me back to that project. It wouldn't be that bad but I have to drive over 100 miles per day and I don't get reimbursed. It has already cost me over $4000 and with Christmas just around the corner that really hurts. I was starting to enjoy not having to drive and letting someone else do the driving.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like you are going through a really rough patch at the moment John.
    Sorry to hear of your woes and I hope things improve real soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, John, I'm so sorry to hear that. I swear there must be something going around. A lot of people have been sick/injured whilst on their Disney trips this year. I had an issue with my back in Sept.

Just for future reference, you can rent an ECV off-site for a lot less.

And that is awful about all of the driving!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh John, I'm really sorry, it's horrible being ill on holiday, poor Donna It all seems to be happening at the moment it's not long until the end of 2011, lets hope that 2012 will be kinder to you both

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi John...WB. Sorry Donna was under the weather and things didn't go as planned. Never good when illness disrupts a great planned holiday.

Really sorry to hear that you may have to do all that driving! That stinks. Can you write it off on taxes at least?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 267123
    Hi John...WB. Sorry Donna was under the weather and things didn't go as planned. Never good when illness disrupts a great planned holiday.

Really sorry to hear that you may have to do all that driving! That stinks. Can you write it off on taxes at least?
    Unfortunately, from what I am reading, no tax write off either. I'm hoping they're going to let me work here, if I can find a separate office space that I can lock. Right now I'm in a cubicle.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about this John. Wish things had gone better for you.

I had one of those kind of trips several years ago when Carol and I were down there over New Years. Staying at the Wilderness Lodge and I got so sick with the flu that I couldn't even get out of bed. Not the best trip we've ever had.

Then, a couple of years ago, on our last trip to WDW, Carol was having a hard time of it too. She just couldn't get around like we used to do. Wasn't actually sick, just winded and exhausted all the time (turns our she had atrial fibrillation). So, we did the next best thing. Said the heck with it. Just laid around the pool reading books all day and only going out to the parks for our ADR's. Turned into one of the best vacations we had. No pressure to do anything in particular except get to the next meal on time. Liked it so much that we'll probably do something similar the next time we go!

Tom (... relaxing is good! Just not when it's involuntary!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 267104
    Oh no, John, I'm so sorry to hear that. I swear there must be something going around. A lot of people have been sick/injured whilst on their Disney trips this year. I had an issue with my back in Sept.

Yep Apple scooters at the Crossroads around $10 per day and they deliver and collect :) I recommend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 267104

Johnie, thanks. I knew about the off-site rental, but there was only one day that I really wanted one and we were already at the park. When I saw their price I decided to tough it out. I do wish I had one the night we did MVMCP though. I think everyone around me thought I was going to collapse while standing there for the castle illuminations and Wishes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear John. I hope Donna is feeling better and that you find some solution about the driving. Things always seem to find a way of working out.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast