Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where and what is the disney hoop dee doo

Post Thanks / Like
    silly guide book is giving me more ideas to book. Is this a dancing show and where is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is a dinner theater located in Pioneer Hall in Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

Shows are held at 5:00 PM, 7:15 PM, and 9:30 PM nightly and last approximately 2 hours.
    The show is a wild western style revue. The cast, called the Pioneer Hall Players, consist of three couples - Flora Long and Jim Handy, dancers Claire de Lune and Johnny Ringo; and Dolly Drew and Six Bits Slocum , who provide comedic relief. The Pioneer Hall Players perform songs and skits while interacting with the audience throughout dinner. The musical numbers include "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" for those celebrating anniversaries, "Oh Shenandoah," "This Land is Your Land," "Hokey Pokey" and "Oh My Darling, Clementine." After dessert is served, various audience members are selected to perform in the final musical number, a tribute to Davy Crockett. Servers pass out washboards to the audience to play along with the closing number, a reprise of the Hoop-Dee-Doo theme.

Salad and cornbread are on the table upon arrival. The meal, served family style, consists of all-you-care-to-eat fried chicken, smoked barbecued pork ribs, mashed potatoes, and baked beans. Strawberry shortcake is served for dessert. Also included are all-you-care-to-drink soft drinks, iced tea, juices, coffee, draft Bud Light, Sangría, Chardonnay, Rosé, and Merlot. Margaritas and other brands of beer are available at additional cost.

Oh.....and I'm pretty sure Keith does this every WDW visit on his first night.....he'll be along soon to let you know if I'm right on that one

Post Thanks / Like
    It is loads of fun. The food is very tasty, at least I think it is. I recommend that you don't order the Sangria though. Unless they have changed it, it is rather vile stuff. :rolleyes008:

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anony_mouse, post: 27020
    It is loads of fun. The food is very tasty, at least I think it is. I recommend that you don't order the Sangria though. Unless they have changed it, it is rather vile stuff. :rolleyes008:
    They've changed it anony_mouse, it's even MORE vile now

In fact they've made a number of changes to the menu. No more sweetcorn now its mashed potato although it's quite nice the bread is now more like we in the UK would term sponge cake

The worst changes are to the alcoholic drinks. The rose wine used to be berringer white zinfandel, but now it's some kind of dreadful stuff that tastes like dilluted vinegar. Dreadful. The red and white were once passable table wines but again are now pretty dreadful. The white is the least pukesome of the lot.

It's still a great show and dont forget that the 9:30 show allows pretty steep discounts for those with Disney Dining Experience cards! It's also the least busy show

The other change is to seating. A new tiered pricing system is now in place, which means that the closer you are to the action, the higher the price you'll pay to enjoy it. Tier 1 seats are located on the first floor nearest the stage, tier 2 seats in the back half of the first floor and in the center of the balcony, tier 3 seats to the right and left sides on the balcony level. There's not a bad seat in the house, so don't feel the need to splurge.

There is SOME audience participation. If you're shy, avoid the temptation to put your hand up when asked anything and especially avoid volunteering for the "end of show spectacular". especially especially ESPECIALLY avoid this if you're a shy, relatively rotund male. You've been warned

If you go to one of the earlier shows, you may feel like waiting around. You can see some of the wishes fireworks from the docks or the Electrical Water Pageant at 9:45pm, which can be viewed from the Fort Wilderness Beach.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith
    No more sweetcorn now its mashed potato although it's quite nice the bread is now more like we in the UK would term sponge cake
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    They call the bread cornbread but those of from the south call it cake. Cornbread should never be sweet.

Hmm I loved the corn. I'd rather have that. Oh well. The show is corny and fun. We always have a good time.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I called for this show for late August. I was astonished at the cost. I didn't realize it would be less expensive after 9:30 and with the DDE card.

It's for seven people and I really couldn't afford roughly $70 per person.

I thoroughly dislike sweet cornbread! ICK! That's some Hollywood notion of what it should taste like. It's rather like sweet biscuits. Ewwww! Ewwww! Ewwww!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 27569
    I called for this show for late August. I was astonished at the cost. I didn't realize it would be less expensive after 9:30 and with the DDE card.

It's for seven people and I really couldn't afford roughly $70 per person.
    yep.. they used to have discounts for DVC members as well but it seems to have gone

Category 1 Adults (10 and up) $59.99 including tax and gratuity
    Children (3-9) $30.99 including tax and gratuity
    Infants (0-2) No charge

Category 2 Adults (10 and up) $54.99 including tax and gratuity
    Children (3-9) $26.99 including tax and gratuity
    Infants (0-2) No charge

Category 3 Adults (10 and up) $50.99 including tax and gratuity
    Children (3-9) $25.99 including tax and gratuity
    Infants (0-2) No charge

Post Thanks / Like
    We don't have to pay for it in Sept with the dining plan so that is nice.

However, my family wanted to go in Nov so I booked it. It was expensive. We went to the 9:30pm show the first time we ever went because there was a discount. 9:30pm is too late for me when I am at WDW!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 27604
    We don't have to pay for it in Sept with the dining plan so that is nice.

However, my family wanted to go in Nov so I booked it. It was expensive. We went to the 9:30pm show the first time we ever went because there was a discount. 9:30pm is too late for me when I am at WDW!
    This can be a factor for the whole audience actually. I've seen the 9:30 show full of tired folks and the cast has to try REALLY hard to get much out of them

The earlier shows definitely have more buzz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast