Thread: Disney 2011 Part II

Post Thanks / Like
    Monday Morning, October 31, it is Halloween, but we arenít dressing up in any costumes. We want to be on the road to Disney by 10:00. We almost made that time, getting started just a little late after a nice breakfast of eggs, breakfast meats (sausage, bacon, ham), toast and coffee. David is not known to be an early riser but he was up a lot earlier than usual this AM, as he will be for the next week.

We are off to see the Mouse. The drive down takes about 2 Ĺ hours. We head to DTD where I hit the bank to get some cash. Then we are over to the Market Place where Donna and I pick up our APs, our MVMCP tickets and our Tables in Wonderland (TIW) card. After doing that we walk over to the Margarita Bar and we each have a Margarita (Davidís first, even though he used to be a bartender). From there we drove over to Shades of Green, where, using my government ID and Davidís Florida Driverís License, we are able to get him a 4 day, non-park hopper for $160, quite a savings. From SOG we drive over to All Star Sports where we will stay this first week. We are assigned Hoops building 3, second floor. We also pick up our tickets for Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Now Davidís room is supposed to have a refrigerator in it for his medication but it isnít there and the A/C in our room isnít working. A couple of calls to the Front Desk soon got both problems remedied. The refrigerator was delivered first and then our A/C got fixed. It seems as though the previous occupants had requested the A/C to be turned off and housekeeping had not turned it back on. After getting settled we went back to DTD to walk around a little, so that David could see some of it. From there it was over to Fort Wilderness for our show. We had reservations for the 7:15 show and we were one row back from the stage, in the center. The show was not sold out and no one had to sit up stairs. We enjoyed the standard fare of fried chicken, ribs, mashed potatoes, buttered sweet corn, baked beans, corn bread, and of course that luscious strawberry shortcake to cap of the meal. The new show was very good. David got picked to participate and was selected to play Davy Crockettís Angel. He danced across the stage in a tutu.

We drove back to our resort where we turned in for the night.

Rest easy folks, there will be pictures as soon as we can get them sorted.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like it all came together pretty well John, why on earth would someone want the AC turned off I'm glad they got it sorted out and the fridge for David.

I can't wait to see some photos, of course Donna won't have been cruel and taken any of David in his tutu would she :wink:

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 267156
    It sounds like it all came together pretty well John, why on earth would someone want the AC turned off I'm glad they got it sorted out and the fridge for David.

I can't wait to see some photos, of course Donna won't have been cruel and taken any of David in his tutu would she :wink:
    Nope, no way, not at all.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds good, i want to try hoop de doo, do they do anything different for christmas time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi John, sounds like a good time (barring the AC and refrigeratro). How do you like the Shades of Green? That was the first place we ever stayed and we loved it then. It was the Disney Inn I believe then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a great start!! Can you give us any details about the new HDDR? We were thinking of doing this one night, but hadn't heard much about the new format...

ASSports That's where we'll be in EXACTLY one month

Can't wait for photos!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 267166
    Hi John, sounds like a good time (barring the AC and refrigeratro). How do you like the Shades of Green? That was the first place we ever stayed and we loved it then. It was the Disney Inn I believe then.
    Dan, we didn't stay there. We only went to get the tickets. We keep talking about possibly staying there some day but we like the Disney perks that we don't get there, like charging to the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 267211
    Sounds like a great start!! Can you give us any details about the new HDDR? We were thinking of doing this one night, but hadn't heard much about the new format...

ASSports That's where we'll be in EXACTLY one month

Can't wait for photos!!!
    Becca, the format isn't a lot different. The song has changed however.