Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A little pixie dust please

Post Thanks / Like
    A little over a month ago my sister had broken her leg when she jumped off a pier into a lake. A couple weeks later they realized she had torn some ligaments in her ankle which required surgery. Now yesterday she was taken back to the hospital by ambulance from work because of shortness of breath and rapid heart rate. They did a CAT scan and they found multiple blood clots in her lungs. They are small but there is one larger than the others.

She was in the hospital overnight and will probably remain there the next few days. She is stable condition and they have her on blood thinners. She is having ultrasounds of both her legs (from feet to thigh) to try and locate any other blood clots.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    pixie dust for a quick recovery

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope they find something soon thinking of you and your family

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG, how scary is that. Hope they can solve the blood clot problem soon so that she will have not future problems.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    That is scary! At least they found it and have her in the hospital where they hopefully can get it under control.

I had phlebitis back in the 80's as a result of some surgery I had on my leg. While it's a royal pain to be in the hospital hooked up to the Coumadin IV's, it's significantly better than the alternative.

Tom (... but I wouldn't wish the experience on anybody!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 267297
    While it's a royal pain to be in the hospital hooked up to the Coumadin IV's, it's significantly better than the alternative.
    This is what they have her on. Sounds like after the hospital she'll be on Coumadin for at least the next 6-9 months.

Hopefully she is well enough for the cruise in May.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 267300
    This is what they have her on. Sounds like after the hospital she'll be on Coumadin for at least the next 6-9 months.
    That shouldn't be too big a problem. In my case, I didn't have to be on it at all after I left the hospital. Of course, that was the 80's and things may be different now. Additionally, I didn't have it get to my lungs so that may also be part of the reason I didn't have to continue it. But it's not that big an issue. My DW is on Coumadin for an irregular heartbeat and although it's a pain to go get her blood tested every now and again, it's not an insurmountable problem. Once again, it's a whole lot better than the alternative!

Tom (... tell her to get better before that cruise!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope she is soon feeling better

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course Pixie Dust for a speedy recovery

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending every good wish for her speedy and full recovery. I have a nurse out of work right now for the same thing, pulmonary emboli. Coumadin is not working for him, so they are using a different medicine.

It's very scary but we've come so very far in our ability to treat something that once would have not given us the opportunity to treat.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast