Thread: Disney 2011 Part VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    Sunday November 6th continued. The clocks got set back last night as Daylight Savings Time came to an end. We decided just to take it easy today. We went to breakfast here at the Maya Grill and both of us had their Huevos Rancheros with steak, Donna having her eggs scrambled and me over easy. Following breakfast we headed to DTD to get a little bit of shopping done. We got our Christmas ornaments for the family and one for ourselves. We picked up a couple of t-shirts for Nathanael and Jacob and I picked up a couple of shirts for myself. We then went in search of Margaritas, however DTD was EXTREMELY busy and there were no seats at the Margarita bar. So we headed back to our resort. The inside bar (Rix) had a private function going so we opted to sit at the outside bar (Laguna Bar). Instead of Margaritas however, we both enjoyed a Mai Tai. We then retired to our room, to rest, in hopes that Donna would be feeling well enough to enjoy her meal at The Yachtsman tonight with our favorite waiter Ricardo. Alas she was only able to get through a Tomato and Mozzarella Quartet (Macerated Baby Heirlooms with Curd, Beefsteak Sashimi, Meyer Lemon Panzanella with Balloon, Tomato Caviar, and 12-year aged Balsamic) and a bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup. I enjoyed a wonderful Maine Lobster Salad (Butter Poached Lobster Tail, American Oserta Caviar, Tarragon Emulsion, Garden Vegetable Crudités and Lime Sorbet). For my main course I did something that I rarely do in a Steakhouse. I ordered Coastal Stone Bass (Autumn Vegetable Chowder, Onion-Chive Cake Sale’, Sorrel Butter) accompanied by a glass of Pouilly-Fuisse’ Louis Jadot, France ’09. It was WONDERFUL. Eventually we had to bid farewell to Ricardo and head back to our room.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 267334
    I ordered Coastal Stone Bass (Autumn Vegetable Chowder, Onion-Chive Cake Sale’, Sorrel Butter) accompanied by a glass of Pouilly-Fuisse’ Louis Jadot, France ’09.
    Seriously, I could read like 4 words in that sentence...and yet, I can't WAIT to eat here again next month!