Thread: Disney 2011 Part XIV The Finale

Post Thanks / Like
    Saturday November 12th. Well it is departure day and time to head back up north. We had decided to break the trip up into two sections again. I had figured that 9 hours was about as long as I wanted to be on the road. So after playing with Google maps I figured that we could make it to Lumberton, NC. We left Coronado Springs a little after 9:00, after deciding not to eat at the food court. We were just north of Orlando when we decided to grab a bite to eat. We saw that there was a McDonald’s at the next exit. Well, we never found that one and got back on I-4. Several miles later we found another McDonald’s and once again pulled off of I-4. This had to be one of the WORST McDonald’s for service in the entire US. When we walked in there were about a dozen folks standing there. Turns out they weren’t in line but were waiting for their orders. It must have taken 15-20 minutes just to get our food. Once we had eaten it was back on the road. We didn’t stop for lunch and pulled into Lumberton just after 6:00 (almost 9 hours exactly). After checking in we tried to find a Mexican Restaurant which we were told was right next door. We never found it and still didn’t find it even the next morning. We settled on an Outback Steakhouse since we were both hungry. I had a couple of glasses of wine with my dinner, Donna settled on a couple of Margaritas. After dinner we retired to the room.

Sunday November 13th. There was a Denny’s in the hotel so we decided to eat breakfast there. Normally we shy away from Denny’s but it was convenient. We decided that this was the best Denny’s we had ever eaten at. The service and the food were both superb. We were on the road again by 8:30. We pulled into our drive way about 4 ˝ hours later. We both wished that the trip had gone better but agreed that we had some fun despite her illness and my leg problems. We talked a lot about how great the wedding was. So now we just have to plan our next trip. We aren’t sure if it will be in 2012 though as we have another wedding to attend, but this time in Cincinnati, Ohio. Hopefully 2012 will be kinder to the family than late 2010 and all of 2011, when I lost two uncles, an aunt and two cousins.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    That was a wonderfultrip report! I wish Donna was feeling better, there is nothing worse than being sick on vacation. I hope as well that 2012 ushers in a kinder year for you both