Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday!!! Isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, yes. It's definitely Friday.

Anyway, now that I've oriented myself to time, let's talk about place!

We are headed off to Disney's Vero Beach today. We'll be back Monday. A four day break by the sea is a welcome respite from the chaos of the previous days and months.

We'll be leaving after the boy gets home from school. Gives us an easy day to putter around and get ready.

We're getting him prepared for school right now and may slip off for breakfast once he's been delivered.

Then home to pack this and that; stop at Publix to purchase that and this, load the car, fetch the boy... you get the general idea. :D

The weather doesn't seem to promising but that's ok. We're going simply to get away from the daily grind, not for any other real reason.

It's been a long and sad week. One of my residents died (a resident who had been a neighbor of my Da's while they were growing up; a true small world story). I attended the services, mostly as a family friend, not as the Director of the ALF... Very much like my own Mother's services, so it was especially draining.

Had to sit through two days of USELESS training too, this week. I could write pages about how stupid the training was, how horrible the trainers and how annoying the fact that the computers kept going out (so the training never really happened) but I'm sure you get the general idea!

Some days (ok, most days) it's only by coming to this site do I maintain my slim hold on sanity...

So! What's everyone else up to?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    doesnt sound like a fun week tink, sorry for the loss of your friend :( hope you have a lovely weekend at vero beach.

we dont have much planned here for this weekend, i need to have a tidy up and a sort out really ready for the tree to go up in a few weeks and also for when santa comes - im sure we will find something to do though, anythings better than tidying and sorting!

Post Thanks / Like
    hope you have a fantastic time :)

well this weekend will be mainly doing nothing Dave and i have both been ill since we got back from our cruise and havent reallly got over it yet so we have no plans other than to be together all i can say is thank goodness its friday :)

to top everything off my son has just phoned and told me he has been made redundant :( this happened to him last christmas aswell so he is pretty upset :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a great weekend at Vero Beach Tink!! Please let me know how it is. Our timeshare is currently in the midst of changing over from Interval to RCI so now we will be able to exchange with Disney again. This has always been a location we have wanted to go to.

We've got nothing too exciting this weekend. We will be putting the finishing touches on our Christmas decorations and probably just vegging the rest of the weekend.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 267435
    Have a great weekend at Vero Beach Tink!! Please let me know how it is. Our timeshare is currently in the midst of changing over from Interval to RCI so now we will be able to exchange with Disney again. This has always been a location we have wanted to go to.
    We have stayed at VB a few times using our DVC points and really enjoyed the time there.
    There`s not a lot to do in that area but it is a great chill out resort right on the ocean and with a decent pool also.
    It`s nice to walk along the beach and see [but don`t disturb!] the turtles nesting locations which are protected.
    You won`t be disappointed with your stay there DF that`s for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry you've had a bad week Tink

I hope you have such a lovely, relaxing stay at Vero Beach and you come back all fresh and ready to take on whatever comes your way :-)

Nothing much for us this weekend... a trip to Ikea in the morning to look at wardrobes as our extension is almost finished - yay - goodbye dust, hello new bedrooms

Have a good one everyone

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a great time Tink X and thanks XXXXXXXX

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink

I've got a date with a vampire!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Disney Freak, Vero Beach is really nice. It's on Orchid Island, not in Vero Beach proper. There really is NOTHING to do there beyond enjoying the beach and the resort. Orchid Island is one big housing development (for the extremely wealthy).

Vero Beach is a bit south, and we intend to seek out a Farmer's Market there tomorrow.

DaveAnn, I'm sorry you've both been ill!

Cleaning up, and new bedrooms, and vampire dates... sounds like everyone is having a good time...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    it's been a horrible week for you

You will all have a wonderful time at Vero Beach, a relaxing weekend is just what you need. I hope the weather is nice for you.

We have nothing planned, we are going into town tomorrow morning, I've got an eye test in the morning and then we will probably start some Christmas shopping tomorrow and then do nothing for the rest of the weekend.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast