Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any spare pixiedust please to get me over rehoming our pup?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know Ann, and that actually makes me feel better when I know that is true :( When I hear that I can start to try to move on. I just want him to be happy. I know some people may think I am a bit dramatic, but my furbabies are my family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, last night I got an email from Rupert's new owners, with two lovely photos of him lying down in their living room with one of his toys that I sent with him, and playing with the daughter of the family. It said:

Hiya, Rupert is settling in well.
    He came for a 3 mile run with me this morning, though he didn't need to run he was kind of trotting
    along at the side of me :S . He settled down ok too, at bed time, last night. We had a game of fetch
    with a football this morning too.

We are really pleased with how well house trained he is and we are using marrowbone and little treat
    sausages to carry on his behaviour training. He's doing well with come, lie down and he sits really well.
    We can tell his training was going well.

I hope you like the photo's and I will e-mail you again soon with an up-date
    Tracey

I was so relieved to hear it, and to see him looking so relaxed. While it doesn't help with how much I miss him and how much I wish things had been different, at least I know he is happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is so hard, I totally understand. In time it will be less sad and once you have had time to settle into your new routine etc, you'll be able to think more of the positive side of him having a new home
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    So hard to make that decision, but you did the best for everyone involved, both human and furry.

I'm so glad you got a proper email sharing how he is doing, especially with photos! It doesn't take away the pain, but hopefully lessens the intensity.

Fur or not they are our family! We love them and they love us. I don't feel you are being dramatic. You care, simple as that.

Post Thanks / Like
    it is so hard Deb :( I'm glad you received the email and some photos, it doesn't make it any easier on your heart, but at least you know he is loved already and being looked after

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear that Rupert is settling in nicely. I'm sure, even though you only had him a short time yourself, that it will take a while for you to get over having to rehome him.

p.s. I still miss Pooh Cat, who we rehomed to FL. When we were down there last month he was extremely well adjusted to his new home and yet he still seemed to remember me as he came to lay on me.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Deb, what a hard decision to make. I know how much fur babies mean to a family. I am glad that Rupert is doing well in his new home. It was a hard decision but you saved his life. Be very proud of yourself.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123