Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday again!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe it's Friday again, time seems to be flying by, just think, one month today and it will be Christmas Day

I am so far behind this year it is crazy, I've normally got the majority of presents and some of them have even been wrapped...........but this year, I only have a few and a very long list of things I need to buy.

What have we been up to this week well not a lot really I've been fed up just lately, I haven't really had much interest in anything

We met a friend we haven't seen for a long time on Tuesday evening, it was really nice to catch up with her again

On Wednesday, I had a phone call to say that Livvy (my friend's daughter) had fallen over in school and has fractured her wrist :( Poor little sweetheart, she was giving someone a piggy back and she tripped. She said they only good thing was that she didn't have to do her homework because she couldn't write

Chris was in Exeter working so he called in and gave her a card, Tinkerbell magazine and a bar chocolate, she asked if her mummy had told him, so he said no and she thought he was magic because he knew what had happened - oh the innocence of the young

We were supposed to be going to Cardiff on Saturday for a shopping trip, to see George Michael, stay in the hotel overnight and more shopping on the way home on Sunday. As the concert has been postponed because he is ill, we've cancelled the hotel so we're not going now :(

I might book a table and go out for lunch on Sunday , we haven't done that for ages :D

So then, what have you all been up to, are you doing anything nice this weekend

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your not alone Wendy, I am normally very organised at christams but this year I really can't get in to it, not sure why.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm... this weekend.

Avoiding the shopping malls, cleaning up the yard (garden), and putting up Christmas decorations.

After all that, I believe I'll have a little lay down.

Tom (... oh... and I'll probably have a snack or six of leftovers!)

Post Thanks / Like
    yay its friday and thank goodness for that :) ive got a stupid cough that is driving me nuts :( so friday means no work and scruffy comfy clothes :)
    might dig out some christmas movies and have a veg out :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, this week I've mostly been still doing things in the house. I shortened the living room curtains today.... managing to stab myself at least once. My eyesight is definitely not as sharp as it was.

I've done almost no Christmas planning at all. I haven't even made a cake this year because of all the worry over my little dear.

So tomorrow we're going to have an early start. First stop, an eggnog latte at Starbucks. Yummy. Then a couple of hours shopping and home before it gets too busy.

Then more unpacking of boxes. I need to finish the house unpacking before the end of the month so that I can get the Christmas boxes out of the loft.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    thank goodness it is friday it has been a very busy week
    we have just had a takeaway yum [chickentikka]
    tomorrow it is football for ds then over to mom and dads for lunch thats all i have planned

Post Thanks / Like
    Whew. It's been a week. Some work, some days off, loads of cooking, guests for dinner, and trying to avoid the most chaotic of shopping areas today. We are so not Black Friday people.

Not sure what we'll do over the weekend, but it needs to involve something with relaxation.

Not into Christmas at all. Not even sure we'll do much decorating (good excuse is that we'll be at OKW for the actual holiday) at the house. Wandered around Lowe's today looking at decorations and plants... meh.

Wandered in a couple of other shops too and really just not seeing anything at all that is appealing.

Sorry to hear about Livvy! :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tink

I spoke to her mum a little while ago and she said that Livvy is making the most of it The only thing her mum is worried about is that the fracture is through her growth plate so they are a bit worried about that.

I thought this week couldn't get any worse :( I was obviously wrong, I found out tonight that my friend's cancer has returned, it came as a bit of a shock as she has been in remission for years :(

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wendy what a rotten week you've had - im so sorry to hear about your friends cancer returning what type is it if you dont mind me asking? Sorry to hear about Livvy's wrist too, im sure she will make the most of it though!!

We've had a pretty rotten week too, Sunday morning dd was sick which meant she was home from school monday - tuesday she went back in, she was clearly better by then!!!!
    Tuesday i made some snuggle sac's for my guinea pigs which they arent remotely interested in - i will however be persevering with this as i hand sewed the blooming things and didnt stab myself with the needle countless times for nothing you know!
    Wednesday was our wedding anniversary and my very feeble attempt at christmas shopping. I managed to get plenty for dd who was the 1 person i didnt need to get anything for as i had finished hers ages ago! Chinese for tea that night and a few hours later i was violently sick (amongst other things ) for the whole night and the following day - which then takes us to yesterday where i did nothing at all!

So after my rubbish week im not sure whats going on this weekend - apart from sticking the guinea pigs in their snuggle sacs - they WILL like them!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Been a bit poorly sick this week. 600 kids all sharing their coughs and sneezes will get to you eventually.

Trying to get organised but it's just not happening this year. Today I intend to clear the dining room ready for the tree to go in there.

I had a praline mocha from Starbucks this morning. Won't be having another one - far too sweet.

Have managed to get my cards written though.

Kate do my guinea pigs want snuggle sacs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast