Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ? for Kindle owners

Post Thanks / Like
    Then maybe it would work out just perfectly for her.

Post Thanks / Like
    ... Santa has just had a cunning idea - thanks folks

Post Thanks / Like
    John,

Not to stir the pot but have you taken her to the Apple store and had her test drive an iPad 2.

The only reason I mention it is that the Kindle app is available and free for the iPad so it would give her the same access to Kindle books but also includes the Apple iBook reader and iBook store which would give her access to any ePub books.

Course there "may" be an eBook reader available on the Kindle also. I don't know.

Tom (... just a thought...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Never thought I'd look past the iPad but the eInk looks astonishing and the Kindles are a lot lot lighter and more manageble one handed than the iPad. I', sure it will go down a treat , intrested about ePub, you can apparently read your own PDF's etc so I'm sure there is a way to port other docs across into one

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 268342
    John,

Not to stir the pot but have you taken her to the Apple store and had her test drive an iPad 2.

The only reason I mention it is that the Kindle app is available and free for the iPad so it would give her the same access to Kindle books but also includes the Apple iBook reader and iBook store which would give her access to any ePub books.

Course there "may" be an eBook reader available on the Kindle also. I don't know.

Tom (... just a thought...)
    Tom, yes we looked at the iPad. The cost difference is $300 for the minimal iPad. Plus she likes things to be smaller. The kindle will fit in her purse.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 268352
    Never thought I'd look past the iPad but the eInk looks astonishing and the Kindles are a lot lot lighter and more manageble one handed than the iPad. I', sure it will go down a treat , intrested about ePub, you can apparently read your own PDF's etc so I'm sure there is a way to port other docs across into one
    That's why Donna wants it Chris.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the kindle app on the ipad and on the iphone...

I use the iphone when Im putting the girls to bed since it has a backlight...other than that I usually prefer the kindle... the ipad is way to bulky to hold on to for long, and I love that the kindle "ink" is like a book, so it isnt as bright? Hard ro describe but I love it and use it a LOT

Post Thanks / Like
    John,

Just ran across this small useability study for the Kindle Fire this morning. I haven't read it (other than the tag line) but thought it might be of interest to you.

Tom (... )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 268477
    John,

Just ran across this small useability study for the Kindle Fire this morning. I haven't read it (other than the tag line) but thought it might be of interest to you.

Tom (... )
    Thanks Tom, sent it on to Donna

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123