Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Sad News - RIP Mick ( ukwdwnut )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda, post: 267998
    Oh nooooooo this can't have happened... he had things to do places to go....
    Now we're all just going to have to do it for him

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG, this is indeed shocking news. I am so sorry to hear this. He did indeed seem so upbeat about his future. I too never met him personally but have chatted with him online a few times.

RIP Mate

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot express in writing how I feel

I know you know we love you and how much we will miss you

RIP dearest Mick

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, there is nothing more I can add! Denise rang me this afternoon on my mobile with the news in floods of tears (understandable!!) - I was on the M25 at the time & just could not believe what I was hearing, I knew Mick was due for the operation & was looking forward to "getting it out of the way" & his Disney trip!

Mick & I have kept in touch for the last few years, ever since we met at Disney meets, some of which were held at our house celebrating July 4th - he had the idea of "streaming" the meet live which went down well with on-line watchers!! He was always willing to help, had a smile on his face & was the first to put his name down for a social gathering!

I'll miss the chats, the texts (even the risky ones!!) & his general goodness to everyone, at times like this you always wonder "why?"

My heart goes out to Denise & the girls & family, you'll be sorely missed buddy, but there'll always be the memories!

Chris
    Chris
    All Stars Sports,Hard Rock Hotel,Beach Club,Portofino Bay,Royal Pacific Resort,Grand Floridian,Boardwalk,Disney Cruise,Wilderness Lodge,Port Orleans Riverside,Old Key West-Orlando Bellagio,Wynn,Venetian-Las Vegas Disneyland Hotel–Los Angeles Sante Fe,Cheyenne,Sequoia-DLRP
    Visited - 00,01,02,03,04,Oct 05,Jan 06,May 06,Aug 06,Dec 06,Jan 07,Aug 07, Married to My Toad :heart: Jan 08,Apr 08
    Los Angeles Aug 08, WDW & DCL Jan 09, California Aug 09

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Really don't know what to say I feel so sad.

Have chatted to Mick for years and first met him in 2004 when I first found myself a single Mum.We all went camping and had so much fun.
    We camped a few times and we stayed with them one summer and they stayed with us for a break when Mick first became ill.We have had theme park trips where Mick and I both screamed like girls and loads of photo memories of our families together.

He was a true Disney fan and we spent hors planning our dream trips.

Mick I'm so sad you didn't get to go on yours or stay on site but our trip next year will be in your memory and we will do everything you ever wanted to do.

I'm still in such shock and have shed many tears and hugged the kids who called him Grandad and flicked his ears.

You will never be forgotten Hun and I will think of you fondly when we watch Wishes next year.

My thoughts are with Denise,Mikey and Lauren.

RIP Mick and say hi and thanks to Walt from us.

Xxx

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so so sad right now. Mick was the heart of this place.

It feels strange to be crying for someone I've never met in person, but I really feel like I knew him. He was so generous to all and so kind and positive.

Sympathies to Denise and the kids, we've lost a good man.
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very sad news my thoughts and prayers are with his family

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Such a sad day. Feel numb.

Like Teresa we have known Mick for a fair few years now and met up with him and his lovely family numerous times and I will always credit him for being one of the instigators of the first (scary for me!) meet! My world would be a completely different place now if I hadn't gone on that first camping trip back in 2004!

My memories of Mick will always include Disney, theme parks and barbeques and that is how I will remember him.

My thoughts are with Denise, Lauren and Mikey and all his family.

RIP Mick

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    R.I.P Mick
    My thoughts are with Denise, Mikey and Lauren, he was such a proud Dad.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so very sorry to hear that Mick has passed. I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to communicate with hime here and on two Disney forums over the years. He is actually the one who invited me to join him on the two other boards.

I have always enjoyed his posts, reports and he was always grand and generous. I considered him a friend, a buddy, and as he always signed his communications, a mate.

I was so saddened to first hear of his illness but he met it with a great deal of courage and had been hopeful and positive. He asked me to give him the skinny on AKL from my upcoming trip. Mick, you will be on my mind, my brother and I will have the first pint in your honor.

Prayers and condolences to his family.

You will be missed my friend.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast