Thread: Hey There

Post Thanks / Like
    where do I even start , beginning of 2011, I was happily taking care of mom . Left for WDW in March and my brothers were inconveniented with phone calls of her antics . God forbid ! They never took her to a doctor, but in April decided to leave me behind while they did so .
    Next thing I knew, I was no longer caring for her and she was placed in a nursing home . I stayed with her the night before and you could see the change come over her . It was like she died inside and I died right along with her. We cried together ! I couldn't bring myself to go when they took her , she walked in and never walked after that . I've been depressed for months and can barely make myself go there to visit her .
    I don't or can't even talk of what I've been through with my son . He's still so badly depressed . I've been seeing a therapist just to deal with all this . Then ...
    In September , I got a cold and left it go too long . October 4th , I was admitted to the hospital for pneumonia . Released on the 8th and readmitted on the 23rd , I had fractured my 3rd rib coughing, the X Ray did not pick it up and the infection never fully went away . I relapsed ! I was released October 28th . Before going in the hospital, the 2nd time, I realized my 2 year old cat, Mr Binx was very sick . On November 1st, he was put to rest , bone marrow cancer . I couldn't go as I was still recovering . November 7th , stepped off the curb the wrong way and fractured the side of my foot in three areas .
    I have other health issues, that I won't get into now .I'll just say I'm under the care of a neurologist as well .
    There is a bit of sunshine at the end of all this . Some of you will remember that I left the job I loved in 2005, 6 years ago in November .
    The owner was not only my boss & mentor , but my best friend . When I walked out on her it became ugly . We chose to believe we were dead to one another .
    Right aftrer fracturing my foot , I had a friend request on facebook and it was from her . We went out to lunch together, talked and put the past behind us .
    I am happy to report that I have my kids and my life back . Although I'm hobbling, I'm back to work Part Time teaching pre school in the morning and sometimes go back and work the after school program .
    God knew I needed someone special to lift my spirits and he gave me what I needed most even though I didn't know it myself . I've been given a 2nd chance , thatt I will never take for granted again .
    If someone had told me 6 months ago , things will get better, you are going back to Kids At Work and your DF , I'd had said, they were crazy .

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear you have had a terrible time. I am glad you are feeling better.I always say each day is the first day of the rest of your life

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW what a time you've had there's a movie in there somewhere!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like it's time to put paid to this year and get on with the next!

At least it sounds like things are looking up.

Tom (... glad it's getting better!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, what a year you had. So glad that things are finally picking up. You needed it and deserved it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh what an awful year you've had, its nearly over now - onwards and upwards Tinker!!
    Here's to a happier and healthier 2012!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope things will just keep improving for you.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness

lots of hun

What a tough year...

I am so glad things are beginning to look brighter :)

And I hope 2012 is a wonderful wonderful year!