Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Post you Good news / Happy thing that has happened today here...

Post Thanks / Like
    My good thing: I have made some progress on my dissertation today.

Also finished the first rotation of my internship last Friday....on to the second rotation tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today my whole family got together for a meal to celebrate my mums birthday, it was so lovely having everyone there

Post Thanks / Like
    Today Jai and I did the artwork on our new bedroom wall and we're so pleased with it - it will go over our headboard which is blackleather. Took us all afternoon. When the whole room is finished I'll post a photo (won't be for a while yet) but here's the artwork:-

[ATTACH]10110.vB[/ATTACH]

The room is going to be all whilte with black accesories. I absolutely love it so far :-

Sandra
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday we received two letters from school.

One congratulating Jack on his outstanding effort and achievement in ICT and one offering him an unconditional place at 6th form in September 2012.

Both my kids are awesome :D

Also have a dear friend visiting in February so have something to look forward to in the New Year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Herself received an award at work Friday for Outstanding Excellence in Service (She works for a Hospice). It requires unanimous approval and is given to only a very few. It's quite an honor for her. She is incredible with the work she does, so it's well deserved as far as I'm concerned!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 269194
    Herself received an award at work Friday for Outstanding Excellence in Service (She works for a Hospice). It requires unanimous approval and is given to only a very few. It's quite an honor for her. She is incredible with the work she does, so it's well deserved as far as I'm concerned!
    What a wonderful award to receive and as you say, such an honour. It takes very special people to do such work, I could never cope with it. Well done 'herself'

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 269194
    She truly deserves the award she is an amazing and wonderful person

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please see upcoming announcement thread :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow,
    Been a busy busy weekend! Starting with Friday, we got back from work and picked up our dearest friends to have dinner before seeing the Messiah. Well all the roads were packed near the mall, there was a waiting time of about 40 min in Carraba's so we decided to find a different place. We saw this sketchy but sort of empty grill (Mazwell's in Chesapeake) and were surprised by the good bar food.

The free concert was awesome!!!! About 100 singers, full orchestra, and they were all volunteers. One of the greatest performances I have seen!

We spent Saturday at the outlets in Williamsburg....things feel into place and just about done shopping!!

Oh, and I graduated from Penn State (new Master's degree) but was unable to get there to march.

Sunday was spent with DW and DD. After church we went out for lunch, did somemore shopping, made cookies and watched the Nutcracker on PBS (Live from NY)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 269214
    Oh, and I graduated from Penn State (new Master's degree) but was unable to get there to march.
    Wow! That is good news! Congratulations Dan!

Tom (... next stop... Phd!)

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast