Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Post you Good news / Happy thing that has happened today here...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have today, Friday, and next Monday off of work.

Today I'm going for Lasik. I would like to tell you how it went once I'm home, but I don't think watching tv, reading or being on the net is allowed.

I have seriously no idea what I'm going to do today after surgery. A nap for sure, but what then?

Glasses will be gone today!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 269683
    I have today, Friday, and next Monday off of work.

Today I'm going for Lasik. I would like to tell you how it went once I'm home, but I don't think watching tv, reading or being on the net is allowed.

I have seriously no idea what I'm going to do today after surgery. A nap for sure, but what then?

Glasses will be gone today!
    oo exciting do let me know how you get one please

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh I want Lasik, reading glasses are so tiresome to keep getting on and off.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't assassinate our marketer today. Trust me. That's the best thing about today.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope the surgery went well Billie!

I had Mon off and there is hardly anyone at the office but I swear this has been the longest work week ever.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    comepletely agree Johnie this has seemed like teh longest 2 weeks ever - still - almost there...

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm back with new eyes. But that being said, they're not up to par yet. It's a process. Still light sensitive. I have some broken blood vessels due to the vacuum they put on your eyes. The process was easy enough, but my doctor thinks I had a muscle spasm as once I was able to rest in the office I started having some pain like a sinus headache on my right side. It went away after taking a nap and two tylenol. He called later to check on me, wasn't that nice!

The surgery itself was just odd. I was given a stuffed fish (like kids have) to hold during the procedure. First was the vacuum that made the laser able to make the flap, then the laser itself with these devices that keep my eyes open (that's just freaky), along with tape to keep my eye lashes out of the way. Then I'm done. Oh, I did smell a slight burning from the laser (completely normal). Maybe took a whole 15 minutes.

I have to be really carefully with them for a while. No face make up and no direct/indirect hits from the shower for about 2 weeks.

FYI, if you have the option of LASIK and PRK, choose LASIK. PRK may be cheaper, but I wouldn't do that. More discomfort and from what I have heard, it's more pain, and a much longer healing time.

But once it's all done, I'm sure it will be fantastic and so worth it all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 269724
    I'm back with new eyes. But that being said, they're not up to par yet. It's a process. Still light sensitive. I have some broken blood vessels due to the vacuum they put on your eyes. The process was easy enough, but my doctor thinks I had a muscle spasm as once I was able to rest in the office I started having some pain like a sinus headache on my right side. It went away after taking a nap and two tylenol. He called later to check on me, wasn't that nice!

The surgery itself was just odd. I was given a stuffed fish (like kids have) to hold during the procedure. First was the vacuum that made the laser able to make the flap, then the laser itself with these devices that keep my eyes open (that's just freaky), along with tape to keep my eye lashes out of the way. Then I'm done. Oh, I did smell a slight burning from the laser (completely normal). Maybe took a whole 15 minutes.

I have to be really carefully with them for a while. No face make up and no direct/indirect hits from the shower for about 2 weeks.

FYI, if you have the option of LASIK and PRK, choose LASIK. PRK may be cheaper, but I wouldn't do that. More discomfort and from what I have heard, it's more pain, and a much longer healing time.

But once it's all done, I'm sure it will be fantastic and so worth it all.
    Ooh ooh I've just realised.... reading glasses work for me now............

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda, post: 269728
    Ooh ooh I've just realised.... reading glasses work for me now............
    You know, I think this one of those procedures where the less you know, the better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear you're recovering quickly, FD...you certainly do have a good outlook on the whole thing :)

Hmmmm...let's see....

I've seen TWO movies this week - all on my own. I love going to the movies, but Jon can't abide it, so being able to sneak off for some alone time is real treat. I saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and New Years Eve - both very good movies.

Baleigh is going into the city today with friends. I still think it is incredibly awesome that my children can just "go" into New York for the day. They are off to see Mary Poppins and shop :) I'm sure they'll have a wonderful time.

I've been writing a trip report. That's been fun :)

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast