Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 272535
I have today off from work and I turned in another version of my dissertation. Going to rest today and enjoy a good book.
This is a great thread! I now refuse to watch the news as it's always so depressing. Doom and gloom and all that malarky!
My good news:
a) I had confirmation just before Christmas that I had passed my level 6 in British Sign Language
b) I'm more than halfway though my second level 6 qualification in Sign Language Interpreting - should finish in 6 weeks.
c) The worst of the winter finally seems to have gone and it'll be Spring/Summer soon woohoo! No more dark mornings!!!
That's all from me.
A couple of things to share:
1) What a difference a few weeks make!!! Baleigh had her follow up appointment with the ortho doc yesterday and is doing far better than even HE dreamed! X-rays show everything is healing nicely and she should be released to "normal activity" when we return in two weeks.
2) Continuing the thought, my daughter actually ARGUED with the doctor over allowing her to return to gym, she said she MISSES it!!!
3) Just returned from a lovely and relaxing birthday weekend in Vermont for Jon.
4) My son and his girlfriend "spent the weekend in the city" this weekend. "The city" being New York City. I don't think that will ever cease to amaze my tiny little southern mind :) and I'm glad.
5) Therapy (both emotional and physical) have been very helpful, my anxiety attacks have become fewer and further between :)
Happy Fat Tuesday!
Popped in to see how everyone was and was over the moon to see Jeff back :D
Fantastic news from everyone this week.
Erm... lets think - making plans for something potentially quite big at Easter ( not a holiday or a purchase - just meeting someone Lisa has never met in her family before) so that could potentially be a very very good thing.
Lisa is blossoming, boys are growing up and becoming men at an alarming rate
Went on a walk yesterday and fell in love with a tufted duck - he looked sooo cool