Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Post you Good news / Happy thing that has happened today here...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good accomplishments!!! Keep up the good work!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Well dear wife and I are off to see the Steve Winwood concert tonight and it looks like the tropical depression will miss us in the outdoor venue (although I can hear it POURING down right now over the planetarium roof.

I am hopeful we will have good enough weather this evening.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you stay dry and have a great time Dan :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Wendy...it was an awesome evening. It was just pouring for most of the afternoon. It was still spritzing when DW and I went to a local pub for a meal and a pint before the show. The sky cleared, humidity went down, and it was an amazing evening with Steve! He was fantastic. To know of all the great that he has had the opportunity to play with and to see his group of musicians jam the way they did was great.

He sort of avoided the mid 80's stuff and went back to the days of Spencer Davis Group and Traffic. Great voice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you had a great night Dan :)

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    DW Sally just loved it!! She has a thing for Brit stars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where to start?

Well it is Friday! The start of a 3 day weekend for us in the US. Memorial Day is Monday. For those who have served, I say thank you for the service to your country.

I am packing for next week's capstone event held at Claytor Lake State Park. I and two of my teaching cohorts are taking about 20 teachers from our district's professional development class there as a sort of conference/junket in celebration of completing the course. This residential class allows us to present project, tour a hydroelectric dam, but is generally a celebration. We will have two pontoon boats waiting at the dock to take them out for fun as soon as they arrive (park is 5+ hours from our coastal site). Also we will be taking them on a canoe trip down the beautiful New River. Most of them have never paddled before...this is going to be hilarious!

For Dr. Chris, I will be giving impromptu star viewings with our Nextar 6in and 8 in dob reflector. Don't worry he will understand that. Hope the weather is stellar...no pun intended.

As some may recall Dad (me) was not thrilled with DD's boyfriend. Well they have officially parted ways (if it says so on Facebook it must be true!) and she has meet a really nice guy...nothing serious, but DW and I after meeting him quoted Cogsworth in B&B....there may be something there that wasn't there before..

Finally, DW, DD and I are off to the Outer Banks for the extended weekend. We are sharing a cottage with our dearest friends and their girls. Looks like a great weekend is in store...now if that tropical depression could swing to the west a bit early.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Jon and I attended (and photographed) a fundraiser this weekend in Vermont, for our friends/innkeepers who have a son who was recently diagnosed with Phelan McDermid Syndrome (a very rare chromosome deletion disorder). The entire event was an amazing display of community, generosity and compassion and was quite simply one of those moments in life where you find yourself incredibly grateful to have been afforded the opportunity to be a small part.

The money raised will be used to send the family to Orlando this summer for the Phelan McDermid Conference, where they will learn more about the condition, its treatment, and meet other families struggling with the same issues. They will also enjoy two days in Disney World One of the most AMAZING moments in the day (shown here) was when they were told that not only had enough money been raised to send THEM to the conference, but enough had also been raised to send ANOTHER Phelan-McDermid family to conference. Amazing day :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    That is wonderful!

I had a promising telephone screening/interview for a job position this morning. And I had another promising talk with another company last Friday. Both of these are workers compensation companies. I know what to expect this go around.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 281272
    Jon and I attended (and photographed) a fundraiser this weekend in Vermont, for our friends/innkeepers who have a son who was recently diagnosed with Phelan McDermid Syndrome (a very rare chromosome deletion disorder). The entire event was an amazing display of community, generosity and compassion and was quite simply one of those moments in life where you find yourself incredibly grateful to have been afforded the opportunity to be a small part.

The money raised will be used to send the family to Orlando this summer for the Phelan McDermid Conference, where they will learn more about the condition, its treatment, and meet other families struggling with the same issues. They will also enjoy two days in Disney World One of the most AMAZING moments in the day (shown here) was when they were told that not only had enough money been raised to send THEM to the conference, but enough had also been raised to send ANOTHER Phelan-McDermid family to conference. Amazing day :)
    Awww that fab :-)

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vyekp1

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast