Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Post you Good news / Happy thing that has happened today here...

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad this is going , lets keep it up - lov ethe idea of a lantern ceremony

Soo wish I could have Lasik *sigh*

I have an image of Elmo singing the Monty Python Universe song now

OK me

Did 95% of my xmas shopping yesterday
    Had a caramel macciato with my lovely wife, which I always love doing
    Also bought Harry Potter Lego years 5-7 and its awesome
    Someone said all they wanted for christmas was one of my prints framed which was very flattering as they aren't even family

Post Thanks / Like
    christmas food shop slots booked

all presents wrapped now

chelsea's last day at lloyds today before she starts her new adventure
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Friday everyone!

So sad to hear about another shooting at Virginia Tech, very sorry for the officer's family.

My God daughter is a senior there and used to park her car in the same lot where the incident occurred. I am happy to say that she was fine. Prayers again for healing for the officer's family!

DD Alex is coming home today! Last exam is at 3:00

Post Thanks / Like
    SIX days and counting...

Happy today to have a son and daughter who confide in me and who are truly happy about who they are...even when they haven't figured out just exactly who that is yet :D

Enjoying a bit of an adrenaline rush this morning after having performed on stage in front of a live audience last night...I love that feeling.

TRULY thankful for Jon today, he always seems to be there just when I need him most...even if I don't realize it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 268723
    SIX days and counting...

Happy today to have a son and daughter who confide in me and who are truly happy about who they are...even when they haven't figured out just exactly who that is yet :D

Enjoying a bit of an adrenaline rush this morning after having performed on stage in front of a live audience last night...I love that feeling.

TRULY thankful for Jon today, he always seems to be there just when I need him most...even if I don't realize it.
    Hey Becca.....tell us more about your performance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 268726
    Hey Becca.....tell us more about your performance!
    It was quite exciting! I was invited to perform with a troupe of "storytellers" who take the stage once a month telling stories revolving around a centric theme. The series originated from the belief that "storytelling" is becoming a lost art. Last night's theme was "I've got a ticket to ride" and I recounted a somewhat harrowing, but mostly hilarious, trip on the Metro North Railway. It is the second time I've been invited to speak and I've enjoyed it immensely both times!

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, thanks for sharing. I do think it is getting to be a lost art form. I mean storybooks for kids now are electronic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely a lost art form, and one that I am thrilled to be a part of reviving...the stories should be on youtube in the next couple of weeks, I'll post the link so you can hear the story :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Its Friday!!!

My girls are not sick!!

We have a weekend filled with birthday parties and Xmas parties

Post Thanks / Like
    We had our Christmas dinner (open house for families and friends; not the actual celebration of Christmas day, of course. A party, for all intents and purposes) at the portion of my assisted living facility that cares for those with the most involved cognitive impairments.

One resident, Mrs. W is quite far down the road of cognitive impairment. She came off the elevator and I went to her to walk with her to her table. That took a bit as she festinates, but we chatted and chattered and "re-bonded" as we went.

Soooo, a bit later I'm speaking with the servers and the dining manager making sure everything is just so (Ol' Tink is beyond fussy when it comes to her Willows residents! ) when I notice she is motioning to me.

As I reach her seat at the table she pulls me close and says, "you, you, you are stealing all my gum!" I replied, "Mrs. W I'd never take your gum!" She looked me right in the eye and said, "Well you're stealing my BOYS!!!" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

That's the moments that make it truly worth it. She went on to tell me she was going to, "keep and eye on me!"

Love them.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast