Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Post you Good news / Happy thing that has happened today here...

Post Thanks / Like
    As we are all painfully aware at this time the world can be a dark and sinister place. It is hard to see the colour and joy in the world and you heart can feel heavy and dull.

However, from my , unfortunately unique perspective at these times, it is also a time when you see the very best in people; people who wouldn't usually do so talk and open their hearts and it can help the healing.

This thread may well peter out and die on the vine but I thought I'd give it a shot

So, in these times of personal and global dark times please take a second to post a piece of good news that has happened in your life recently and share that with the people on here and maybe..just maybe we can get some light back at the endo of that dark old tunnel

Right ho, I'll start

1. Today we found out Thomas has passed his scholarship examination to the school he is going to and recieved a glowing letter from his future headmaster. He also sang beautifully at his Christmas concert on Friday

2. Matthew played in a Christmas concert in a huge Cathedral like building on Saturday night and was very brave on stage infront of about 600 people.

3. My tropical fish eggs have hatched and I have fry

4. I am back amongst some of the people I care most about in the whole of cyberspace :)

... more news to come from me

Now its your turn, no matter how trivial, stick it up, what the world needs now is good news!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Chris!

Good to see you back!

Ok, my turn. Here's a few of mine.

1. I have a beautiful, new baby granddaughter. Did I mention that she's beautiful!
    2. I'm still employed. In this economy, that seems to be saying something.
    3. And, as we say down South, I'm still sitting up and taking nourishment.

More later. After I've had more coffee.

Tom (... BTW - my granddaughter's beautiful! Just in case I didn't mention it before.)

Post Thanks / Like
    I love this thread and it is good to see you!!

1) It is 8:58am and my Son has already made me laugh 4 times. He is just the best.
    2) Baby #3 is healthy and I have just started to feel movement
    3) We have Christmas decorations up and the kids are so excited they can't stand it.

..so many little things I can't even count...we just have to stop and take notice every once in awhile

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a great post! I am a very positive thinker, and try very hard to see the best in every situation.

heres the good things that have happened to me recently...

1. My costume has arrived for my friends fancy dress party on saturday. I've waited my whole life for an excuse to dress up as the little mermaid and nows my chance! I cant wait.

2. Ive been spoilt with lovely gifts for my recent birthday.

3. Ive got loads of birthday cake to eat still!

4. I'm just about to open another business after xmas which is very exciting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fab , all great and perfect - keep it up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Rogers, post: 268358
    1. My costume has arrived for my friends fancy dress party on saturday. I've waited my whole life for an excuse to dress up as the little mermaid and nows my chance! I cant wait.
    Photographic evidence will need to be provided I'm afraid :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 268360
    Photographic evidence will need to be provided I'm afraid :D

I will definately put some pics up!

hopefully they might hire me to be ariel in the parades at wdw if Im lucky!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice thread

I work for a church in a really poor community and we have really wanted to expand our Preschool and become a Day Nursery but have no funds to do so :-(

Our vicar recently went to a meeting with other clergy and happened to mention to another Vicar our plight and they have given us a very generous gift (all the money we need) so we can now do our expansion without any loans etc - it keeps all our staff in employment and helps the local community. How wonderful is that?

My arun is back from Uni on 17th for christmas I can't wait :-)

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I love this thread

Ok here goes...

1) I am now on the 10 TEN TEN TEN TENNNNNNNNNN day countdown for a trip to WDW that I'm so excited for, I can hardly stand to be around myself. Seriously. I need to be

2) I took both my children (I use the term quite loosely for my 19 year old) to see the Muppet's yesterday.

3) Jon received a raise at work today :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Great thread

1) DD has been offered a place at Marjon University on the accelerated primary teaching course.2 years at Uni then a paid year learning on the job.

2) only 8 more work days until the Christmas holidays

3) DS is playing rugby for Cornwall on Sunday and I'm going to watch

4) Most of my Christmas shopping is done and half the presents are wrapped

I feel so much better seeing things like this in writing.We all have more to be thankful for than we realise sometimes :D

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast