Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at Disney....Pre-Trip Report

Post Thanks / Like
    10 DAYS TO GO

I’ve made a list, I’ve checked it twice, fingers crossed that the weather is nice…

But really? Even if it’s not…we’re GOING TO DISNEY WORLD FOR CHRISTMAS!!!

I’ve been packing for two weeks and feel confident I have the essentials packed:
    A tree for decorating – check!
    Christmas stockings for hanging – check!
    Plenty of adult beverages for drinking – DOUBLE check!

Anything I may have missed?

Didn’t think so.

The ho, ho, whole cast of characters:
    DS – Andrew 19 (if you can believe it) and something of a big deal these days. Really! Just ask him. Though I will (grudgingly) admit he is a man, he continues to love all things Disney and his sole Christmas wish is, “To force his whole family to see Captain EO and ride Star Tours.” (Really? EO? C’mon. Can’t I just buy you something inconceivably expensive instead?)
    DD – Baleigh 13 (going on 21) and clearly the most brilliant child in all the world. Afterall, it was Baleigh who first suggested we take this trip in lieu of exchanging gifts with one another. Obviously I raised her well, and I take full credit for her brilliance. Her Christmas wish is, “To buy a pickle for our tree at that country in EPCOT.” (Awesome. And thanks for being so specific, dear girl)
    Jon He may be a bit of a bah-humbug, but even Scrooge himself came around in the end. His Christmas wish is, “Bleu Cheese stuffed olives in my martini(s) at Flying Fish and to see Fantasmic because I like fire. Fire is cool.” (PS. He is also getting a SURPRISE wish granted...in all the years we have been together he has ALWAYS wanted a tree with multicolored lights and I have ALWAYS over-ruled him in favor of clear lights...much to his pouting. This year though, I have acquiesced and our tree is pre-lit w/ multicolored lights (I know, what can I say...Disney brings out the best in me :wink: )
    And then of course, there’s me My Christmas wish, well, it’s coming true even as we speak…a Disney holiday with my little family.

When: December 15-26, ELEVEN (count ‘em, ELEVEN) GLORIOUS DAYS!

Where: Where the magic all began, All Star Sports, the first Disney Resort we stayed in.

More to come…

Post Thanks / Like
    Becca! That sounds great....I was a bit worried that there was going to be another crash of the monorails..but I see monorail purple has slid past the white one and you will be heading to the world. I know the last days will pass slowly but hang in there.

The 'Skips aren't too far behind. Guess I better get the pre trippie in line soon. Woo Hoo you are on single digits!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Becca, seems to me you have planned the PERFECT TRIP!

Will love to read more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Christmas trees with colored lights are the BEST! I say this as I was mentioning to someone this morning that apparently mom and I are the only ones who decorate with colored lights anymore

Captain EO is fantastically cheesy awesomeness

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 268422
    Christmas trees with colored lights are the BEST! I say this as I was mentioning to someone this morning that apparently mom and I are the only ones who decorate with colored lights anymore

Captain EO is fantastically cheesy awesomeness
    Like Nachos!!!!:tongue:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 268422
    mom and I are the only ones who decorate with colored lights anymore :
    No you're not! We won't use anything other than colored lights. In fact, we just finished buying several more sets of these:

[ATTACH]10026.vB[/ATTACH]

and now have them completely lining our sidewalk. By the way, each of those "bulbs" is about a foot tall.

Tom (... colored lights are the best!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 268445
    No you're not! We won't use anything other than colored lights. In fact, we just finished buying several more sets of these:

Attachment 10026

and now have them completely lining our sidewalk. By the way, each of those "bulbs" is about a foot tall.

Tom (... colored lights are the best!)

YEAH!!!! Another colored light lover!!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    That looks like a fabulous trip you have planned there Becca, and I am soooo jealous!

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time!

Looking forward to the live updates?
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont forget to bring extra lights to decorate the hotel window
    Christmas at Disney is unbelievable Enjoy
    Use the extra magic hours to get thing done most of the crowed leaves
    after the fireworks Also if you have not gone up in the disney ballon
    in disneys west side the view is great bring your camera

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know how true it is, but rumor has it that Disney is no longer allowing decorating that shows outside of the resort room or villa. Probably those pesky DVC owners who decorate anything that isn't moving.

I didn't realize you were going for such a long time! That's fabulous!

Do enjoy every minute... they are precious and far fewer than we'd like to admit.

All Stars is a terrific place to stay. We loved it there when we stayed.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast