Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need your help with some SECRETS!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 268465
    my favorite is beverly. Really.
    :dozey:

I worry about you, really I do

Hidden Mickeys have got to be a secret that most new to Disney don't know about - buy them the guide and get them to look for them or the smartphone app there are lots now - it really enhances the holiday and takes you to places in the parks you wouldn't usually go to

Oh and the paintbrushes on Tom Sawyer Island - not sure if they still do it , but if you find one they jump you to the front of the queue for Splash Mountain

Post Thanks / Like
    At Animal Kingdom:
    -Do the Kilimanjaro safari at different times of the day.
    -‘Pangani Forest Trail’: Avoid hottest time of day as gorillas will be asleep.

Dining:
    -Compare lunch and dinner menus – often cheaper at lunch for same meal.
    -Many restaurants empty immediately before and during the parades.

Shopping:
    -If you are in a Park during in an unexpected shower and you need an umbrella or poncho but cannot see them on display, ask at counter.

[CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Not really a secret but my favourite thing to do during any trip is to sit down on a bench for 1/2 an hour and watch the families and people go by - eat a mickey bar or have a dole whip while you are doing it but it is amazing to watch the groups of people go by all wrapped in their own tiny microcosms, often bouncing with excitement or arguing

plus you get to rest your weary feet for a bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 268496
    Not really a secret but my favourite thing to do during any trip is to sit down on a bench for 1/2 an hour and watch the families and people go by - eat a mickey bar or have a dole whip while you are doing it but it is amazing to watch the groups of people go by all wrapped in their own tiny microcosms, often bouncing with excitement or arguing

You had me at "Dole Whip"......yumm

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 268489

Hidden Mickeys have got to be a secret that most new to Disney don't know about - buy them the guide and get them to look for them or the smartphone app there are lots now - it really enhances the holiday and takes you to places in the parks you wouldn't usually go to

Oh and the paintbrushes on Tom Sawyer Island - not sure if they still do it , but if you find one they jump you to the front of the queue for Splash Mountain

Not sure if it is confirmed but here is something on hiddend Mickeys:

If you go to the Discovery Outreach Center (the learning center) in Innoventions East, they will give you the of Hidden Mickeys, just ask for it.
    REPORTED: Donna & Lisa 26 JUN 97
    It's true, the Discovery Center will give you the list. It's no where as complete as this page is though. They also have a whole lot of information available. Look through the binders and ask. Plus it's one of the few things in Disney that are still free.
    CONFIRMED: Matthew DeMizio 05 AUG 97

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 268465
    You can get free tastes of several varieties of soda at Ice Station Cool in EPCOT.

And yes, my favorite is beverly. Really.

ugghh... I have to admit to leaving the Ice Station Cool after trying the Beverly hahahahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 268489

YES YES!!! Ive told them about Hidden Mickeys and Ive got the book didnt know there was an app.. will look for it now Thank you!!

Ive heard about the paintbrushes, but I dont think Ive visited Tom Swayer island in the last 20 years

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 268490
    At Animal Kingdom:
    -Do the Kilimanjaro safari at different times of the day.
    -‘Pangani Forest Trail’: Avoid hottest time of day as gorillas will be asleep.

Dining:
    -Compare lunch and dinner menus – often cheaper at lunch for same meal.
    -Many restaurants empty immediately before and during the parades.

Shopping:
    -If you are in a Park during in an unexpected shower and you need an umbrella or poncho but cannot see them on display, ask at counter.

EXCELLENT tips!!!!

Had no idea about any of them!!!

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 268496

birds of a feather I like to do that at park closing, that way we dont stand for hours at the bus stop... except for the last trip with Tatiana when we would leave early

Post Thanks / Like
    If you ever find yourself in Atlanta, GA (say hi to catrancher ) and go to the Coke museum. They have a HUGE display of various flavors of Coke from around the world. They did have Beverly too. We were trying to get people to try it :tongue:

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast