Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jupiter and some Sunspots from a few weeks back

Post Thanks / Like
    These are by far a better choice (in my opinion - would love watchinherskips input) , than the stuff you get from the mall with their wobbly mounts , which can ruin your lifetimes love of a hobby before its even started

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Celestron-21...3765776&sr=8-1

or the infinity 76p amazing what you can see and a clever design that means its easy to use and stable - you will be able to see saturns rings with this ! but it will be very small

http://www.google.co.uk/products/cat...8877511433952#

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 268844
    These are by far a better choice (in my opinion - would love watchinherskips input) , than the stuff you get from the mall with their wobbly mounts , which can ruin your lifetimes love of a hobby before its even started

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Celestron-21...3765776&sr=8-1

or the infinity 76p amazing what you can see and a clever design that means its easy to use and stable - you will be able to see saturns rings with this ! but it will be very small

http://www.google.co.uk/products/cat...8877511433952#
    WOW...excellent scopes for the price, hard to go wrong with either. And pretty easy on the pocket. They are good quality for the price. Good call Chris!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought so too ! considering how much you pay for one of those true awful 'National Geographic' ones that claim to give you 300x magnification (lol)

the 76p despite its odd appearance is a genuinely wonderful litle thing and so stable and easy to track with which is what you want

Had a play with one and saw some lovely craters and the rings and moons of saturn - shoudl be able to see orion nebulosity, andromeda galaxy etc with either no problem as well and will hopefully fuel a lifetimes obsession

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for your suggestions! I really like the odd looking little blue one.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I just knew you would

Post Thanks / Like
    That one looks like the old Edmund Scientific telescope. We had one at a previous school and it was a workhorse. It held up to the abuse of our students. Good choice, for price and durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 268488
    managed to do some long overdue photography a few weeks back.

If anyone looks South at Sundown - 8pm Jupiter is looking spectacular at the moment and is up for most of the night

I was looking at him last night through my 10x50 bins and if you hold them very still or prop them on something you can easily see 4 moons around the main disc as tiny little pinpricks of light.

This is Jupiters'boring' side - no red spot as its on the other side - managed to get some colour in Ganymede though ( thats the red moon to the upper right)
    Jupiter and Ganymede by Sidleydoc, on Flickr

Slightly less magnification 3 moons

3 moons by Sidleydoc, on Flickr

Also the sun is waking up this year and the number of sunspots has been off the chart !

Finally got the camera working as I like it and have finally managed some decent sunpot images and surface granultion

AR 2 by Sidleydoc, on Flickr

Sunspot tiny flares by Sidleydoc, on Flickr

Roll on some clear cold dark nights this season
    Wasn't able to see them from my work computer...but WOW...stunning work Chris!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123