Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Recording a phone call

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

    Anyone know if it's possible to somehow record a phone call from the iPhone? I am interviewing the Director of Health soon for a feature I'm writing and I can't find a way to record her! The voice-memo app automatically pauses when you go to a call. The other way I thought was to call my voicemail whilst I was on the phone to her and record it that way (merging the calls) but that doesn't work, either.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    5,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow... I have never tried to do it...

    could you talk to her via your computer? maybe record it with facetime?





  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't that illegal?

    Over here, I'm pretty sure it is unless you're the police and you've got a warrant.

    Tom (... not an expert by any means...)

  4. #4
    Administrator Wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In Neverland
    Posts
    21,903
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 268619
    Isn't that illegal?

    Over here, I'm pretty sure it is unless you're the police and you've got a warrant.

    Tom (... not an expert by any means...)
    So long as you tell the person you are speaking to that you are recording them, it's OK Tom.









    If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne



    A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

  5. #5
    Senior Member uscwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same thing here Tom. I frequently receive a recorded message that our conversations may be recorded.





    My Facebook Profile: Facebook

    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix



  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 268662
    Same thing here Tom. I frequently receive a recorded message that our conversations may be recorded.

    Thanks John. I wasn't sure anymore. I thought it could be done if you told them you're doing it but didn't think you could do it without their knowledge and consent.

    It was confusing to me I admit. But since I didn't ever record any phone calls, it didn't really register what the rules were surrounding it.

    Tom (... who gets his legal information from Law and Order on TV)

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    pretty sure there is an app I shall check and get back to you

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,689
    Post Thanks / Like

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 268663
    Thanks John. I wasn't sure anymore. I thought it could be done if you told them you're doing it but didn't think you could do it without their knowledge and consent.

    It was confusing to me I admit. But since I didn't ever record any phone calls, it didn't really register what the rules were surrounding it.

    Tom (... who gets his legal information from Law and Order on TV)
    All our calls at work are recorded and it has been a lifesaver on many occasions

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •