Thread: The Disney family should be ashamed

Post Thanks / Like

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    John,

I agree. They should leave Walt in place. For my money, the company and it's subsidiaries should be called the "Walt Disney" company or some derivative thereof now and forever more.

However... (there's always a "however" isn't there), some reports that I've read have indicated that they're doing this at least in part to address the display of the corporate logo on new media devices (cell phones, tablets, etc). Evidently, they felt that trying to display "Walt Disney Pictures" on these smaller screens was getting too difficult and that just "Disney" said it more succinctly and readably. Since recent studies have suggested that at some point in the not too distant future, consumption of the kind of content Disney offers will be around 70% on portable devices, I can kind of understand what the corporate bean counters are trying to achieve.

But for me, I still think it's wrong!

Tom (... without Walt, there's no Disney!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Boo!!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    This makes me very sad :(

To me it will always be WALT Disney World

Post Thanks / Like
    The link is blocked at work, but from what I gather, are they legally changing the name to just Disney World?

Post Thanks / Like
    Link says, 'Blog removed'....

If it says they are dropping 'Walt' then that's a disgrace.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mari, post: 268687
    The link is blocked at work, but from what I gather, are they legally changing the name to just Disney World?
    Mari, they aren't changing the name of the theme park, just the movie studio.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 268718
    Mari, they aren't changing the name of the theme park, just the movie studio.
    Thank you for claryfying John

I agree... the name should be kept as is, the official name... they can do whatever they please with the logo, but the name should remain as Walt Disney Studios