Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone OS 5.01 still having battery probs - anyone else

Post Thanks / Like
    3 times this week the battery has totally dicharged from 60 odd% to 0 overnight, not running any apps, usual stuff turned on

Though the recent update was supposed to fix this - anyone else getting this?

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't seen it Chris. Mine seems to be fine. But I have heard other reports that are saying the same thing.

The battery issue still doesn't seem to be completely solved.

Tom (... power to the iPhone!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers , as long as its not just me

The iCloud has been a revelation for me and helps with so many things at work

Post Thanks / Like
    everyone at work with an iphone 4gs is really suffering! terrible battery life
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 268730
    everyone at work with an iphone 4gs is really suffering! terrible battery life
    Hmmm.... mine's a regular 4. Kind of glad I didn't upgrade to the 4S. Yet.

Tom (... not on the bleeding edge. This time.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is just a 4 , Siri will have to wait for me , much as I yearn to have it.

A fix suggested is to go to location services, scroll down to System services and to turn off Location based iAds, Traffic ( unless you use it) and most importantly - Setting time zone - apparently your iPhone checks this very very often to see if you have shifted time zones in the last 5 minutes and is a big drain on battery life - Just done it and I will report back

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and the iPod4's the boys got last Xmas have just been astonishing with each new update - they can now 'text' me using iMessenger even though they don't have phones - they have never had a christmas present that they have used so much, just brilliant

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 268737
    Oh and the iPod4's the boys got last Xmas have just been astonishing with each new update - they can now 'text' me using iMessenger even though they don't have phones - they have never had a christmas present that they have used so much, just brilliant
    Have they been doing Facetime? My grandsons are pinging me all the time on Facetime.

Seems they want to know what they might be getting for Christmas!

I told them I have no idea.

Tom (... hey, at least this way, they'll talk to me!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep they love facetime - we also play hide and seek with them and set them up so they can only 'see' something obscure and have to work out where the other one is hidden.

'find my iphone/pad/mac' etc is brilliant as well as we all share the same account if Lisa is out or I am late on a call then she knows where I am , so clever.

I was worried about her driving home the other night and I 'watched' her drive back it was brilliant

Post Thanks / Like
    I upgraded to the 4s and it is DREADFUL for battery life! 5.0.1 made it worse if anything else, hopefully it will be fixed soon

Will give your quick-fix attempt a try, too!

Oh and siri is A-MAZING!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast