Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What a Weekend!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know it's Tuesday and the weekend has well and truly been and gone, but I'm glad it's over

I don't know how it happened, but on Saturday I was eating a sandwich and something went down the wrong way. Well that's what I thought had happened, I started coughing, gasping for breath and then I couldn't breathe. I'm just lucky Chris was there, he hit me between the shoulder blades, which must have dislodged whatever it was because he said I started to breathe, he said I then passed out. He called 999 and 2 paramedics came, I was checked over and they said I was OK, but very lucky I hadn't been alone I was then shown what do do if I am on my own and it happens again, I don't know if I'd think logically enough to do it though.

I was told to go to my GP on Monday, she said there wasn't anything she could do as it happened on Saturday and I seemed fine now - I knew it would be a waste of time I wish my original GP hadn't retired, you didn't feel like you were intruding with him :(

I wasn't allowed to stay on my own yesterday I had to go to a friends and Chris was also supposed to be away over night, but he cancelled it.

He was happy to leave me today although he has said he will be home early

I'm OK now, just got a very sore chest and throat, I keep thinking I've got something stuck in my throat and I've got an annoying cough.

I'm scared to have anything solid when I'm on my own, so it will be soup for lunch. It was a horrible, worse than any panic attack I've ever had

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Wendy How scary! So glad Chris was there!!

Don't be so sure you wouldn't remember what to do if it were to happen if you were on your own. Now you know what the course of action is your brain will do a great job of bringing it to your attention! But if it was just one of those things that was an accident then the chances of it happening again are very slim....though I can completely understand why you are wary How long before Chris will allow you top be on your won and not just eat soup? :)

Glad you're ok

xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my sweetie. Sorry to hear about that. Glad that Chris was there.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    No more solid food for you young lady!

We don't need scares like that.

Glad that Chris was there and that you're feeling better.

It's just too bad that you'll have to subsist on Jello for the remainder of your life.

Tom (... yummm!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Good grief! Thank heavens you are okay. Whatever was in that sandwich?

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 268854
    I was told to go to my GP on Monday, she said there wasn't anything she could do as it happened on Saturday and I seemed fine now - I wish my original GP hadn't retired, you didn't feel like you were intruding with him :(
    I'm OK now, just got a very sore chest and throat, I keep thinking I've got something stuck in my throat and I've got an annoying cough.
    Is there another doctor at the surgery that you could see? Just to double check there's no damage?
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Gosh Wendy, so very glad that Chris was there!!! Hope you are feeling fit again soon.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn`t Chris a hero?
    I`m glad to hear that all seems ok now Wendy....Boots do a great variety of baby food if you get fed up with soup [literally].

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb, post: 268856
    Oh Wendy How scary! So glad Chris was there!!

Don't be so sure you wouldn't remember what to do if it were to happen if you were on your own. Now you know what the course of action is your brain will do a great job of bringing it to your attention! But if it was just one of those things that was an accident then the chances of it happening again are very slim....though I can completely understand why you are wary How long before Chris will allow you top be on your won and not just eat soup? :)

Glad you're ok

xxx
    Thanks Deb

Chris is OK he came home a little while ago and asked if I'd had anything to eat. I'm worried about it happening again, so until I feel comfortable, I'll just be having soup at lunchtime and a meal in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 268864
    No more solid food for you young lady!

We don't need scares like that.

Glad that Chris was there and that you're feeling better.

It's just too bad that you'll have to subsist on Jello for the remainder of your life.

Tom (... yummm!)
    I like Jello :D

Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 268872
    Good grief! Thank heavens you are okay. Whatever was in that sandwich?

Is there another doctor at the surgery that you could see? Just to double check there's no damage?
    I'd cooked a piece of ham so we had fresh crusty bread with warm ham. It was a piece of bread that got stuck, the paramedic told me to chew my food more slowly

We aren't allowed to see another doctor in our surgery, only if it's an emergency and my doctor is on one of her days off. I've tried before and all I got was, come back and see your own doctor I'm sure I will be fine, it feels like a really bad sore throat, my chest is a bit wheezy but it will be OK.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you feel better soon, if your still in pain in a few days i'd go back to the G.P and get it checked, you might have caused damage and you wouldn't want it to get infected.

I know just how scary it is to choke on food, I while back I was eating a large chewy sweet and I managed to swallow it before chewing, well the sweet got stuck and I couldn't clear it, I got to a point where I couldn't breath and remembered some first aid training I'd done, well I punched my chest as hards as I could and luckily the sweet came back up.
    All I keep thinking after was if I hadn't cleared the sweet I not be here. Never ever want it to happen again, teach me for eating sweets.

Post Thanks / Like
    So scary Wendy - thank goodness Chris was there! It's pretty scary to witness too - Caitlin got a fish bone lodged in her throat when she was younger and she went blue - terrifying! Hope the soreness and wheeziness goes soon

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast