Thread: Told my DW it was exciting...

Post Thanks / Like
    that there's a CERN news conference going on right now where they're outlining some of the results they've had in searching for the Higgs boson.

She looked at me and said; "So?"

I guess physics isn't her thing...

Tom (... well... I thought it was exciting!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone was trying to explain what all this was about on the tv a couple of nights ago Tom.
    I must be honest though, they may as well have been talking Swahili, as it went straight over my head and I listened with a glazed expression on my face!

Post Thanks / Like
    We were watching the news this morning and they had a section relating to this, my 14 year old son was explaining bit's to me, he is studying triple science at school so it's all interesting for him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 268879
    Someone was trying to explain what all this was about on the tv a couple of nights ago Tom.
    I must be honest though, they may as well have been talking Swahili, as it went straight over my head and I listened with a glazed expression on my face!
    Don't feel alone Terry. I'm in the same boat. I think it's interesting and I'd like to really understand it but my math skills won't let me. I just have the feeling that it's something really exciting.

I just don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 268881
    We were watching the news this morning and they had a section relating to this, my 14 year old son was explaining bit's to me, he is studying triple science at school so it's all interesting for him.
    Get him to explain it to us too!

Tom (... I think they said that Douglas Adams was right.)