Thread: Kindle

Post Thanks / Like
    A friend of a friend of a friend of my DW has hinted that my DW would like a Kindle for a Christmas present.
    Anyone got one?
    Shall I buy one?

Post Thanks / Like
    before our last cruise i got the new one and having an ipad thought would i really use it or would it just be a white elephant anyway got the new kindle the day it launched in the uk and i love it its so light and love the way its easy to read even in sunlight. its got really good battery life and just so light to hold books download in seconds and are easy to access from the kindle itself. downside if you can call it that had to buy a light as when reading in bed in low light its hard to see i bought a case without a light then had to buy a light i would if given the option purchase a lighted cover.
    in all i didnt think i would use it but have read a few books on it infact its sat next to me now. i do prefer the weight to the ipad :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that for the Kindle or the Kindle Fire?

Tom (... just curious...)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the second generation and I absolutely love it. Seriously. One of the best things I ever bought. :)

Just a side note: if I were to buy one of the new ones, I would buy the one without the ads. Even though it's a little bit more money.

Post Thanks / Like
    don't think the kindle fire is avaliable over here yet Tom

Anyone know if there are many free books you can get on it a la iBooks?