Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever heard...

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ever heard someone say something in the course of a conversation and think..."WOW!"

Today I was in a different class to my normal one and we were reading and when we'd finished the teacher said "you can only read a book for the first time once."

Seriously I can't stop thinking about that. It's just so true and profound and such an amazing thing to say to children. I was totally blown away.

By the way...we were reading The Polar Express.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes things just really get you thinking dont they

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a good one....

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely a wow moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely... just last week we were in the company of some true Romany travellers and sitting listening to the Father of the family we were just blown away by what he was saying. He may not have gone to school and gotten an education that way but believe me he was really smart and can see things extremely clearly. He was spot on with the things he was saying. A lovely lovely man.

And he has the most beautiful traditional wagon.

Post Thanks / Like
    The first time for anything is always only once. However, that can blind people to the reality of discovering new things in that act (whatever it may have been) each and every time it's re-enacted... Being lulled into missing that is one of the greater misfortunes that befall those who don't savor their world...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool Dawn, like that a lot. I'm sure you wern't the only one who went home and thought about that.

It continues to give me hope that despite all the technologies avaliable each generation still gets profound pleasure in picking up a book and reading. As long as there are bookstores I will have faith that mankind can keep moving forward.

Post Thanks / Like
    I work with a forensic population so I'm always leaving a conversation going, "Wow." But hey, you probably meant in a different way, huh?!

Post Thanks / Like
    love it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 269054
    I work with a forensic population so I'm always leaving a conversation going, "Wow." But hey, you probably meant in a different way, huh?!
    I get your "wow." I did forensics for the state of Florida for several years. Wow is about all there is left to say!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast