Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ECV abuse :(

Post Thanks / Like
    It's absolutely terrible that someone would A.) Abuse the system so much, and B.) Brag about it on camera. Disgusting.

Things like that really get my back up, idiot!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 27697
    very true

i want one for the days we go to the parks but OH wants to push me, because of cost :(

Mick,

Have you checked into renting an ECV offsite? They will deliver to and pickup from your villa. It might be a slight nuisance to load it into your rental vehicle when going to the parks, but the money you would save--and wear and tear on your DH!--could well be worth it. It's going to be plenty warm--bordering on hot--when you're in Orlando, so Denise might find it more difficult pushing you through the parks than she would think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 28095
    Mick,

Have you checked into renting an ECV offsite? They will deliver to and pickup from your villa. It might be a slight nuisance to load it into your rental vehicle when going to the parks, but the money you would save--and wear and tear on your DH!--could well be worth it. It's going to be plenty warm--bordering on hot--when you're in Orlando, so Denise might find it more difficult pushing you through the parks than she would think.

Mick, I agree with Taja here. Off site rentals are considerably cheaper than those at WDW and you would have it all the time. Most offsite places, I have heard, offer discounts for additional weeks. When I was using my handicap badge here at work because of my knee, I watched a lady who parked beside me break hers down on a daily basis and she appeared to have no problem with that or lifting it into her car either.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    My mum has one and it does break down quite small, it's only the battery that's a bit heavy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    as i keep telling you Keith, Karma will sort it out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 27708
    really thats sick, and does real users a diservice...you know when i first got my blue badge i went to the local somerfield store, and parked up in a disabled bay, a pensioner and his wife parked next to me, and the old guy checked my tax disc to see if it said disabled on it, then gave me such a dirty look, so much so i opened the window and shoved my blue badge in his face and said, you old folk aren't the only ones that can be disabled just because i look OK don't mean i am.....i was sooooooooo livid, i felt like thunder honest, and it also made me sad too
    This happened to us Mick. I parked up and got out of the van and was just about to open the door when this guy asked me why i was parked there and did i not realise his granny would of wanted this space. He told me how selfish i was for parking there. I said nothing, i just opened the doors got Beth out and then looked at the guy and said i wish my daughter could walk. You can guess who had the reddest face :rolleyes008:
    When we were in MK last year there was a couple in ECV next to us, a family behind asked if there young daughter in a wheelchair could go in front as she could not see the parade. They said no nad then promptley walked of to get themselfs a hot chocolate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 28222
    as i keep telling you Keith, Karma will sort it out!
    you do indeed, and as you know I do believe it
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mainecoon lover, post: 28393
    He told me how selfish i was for parking there. I said nothing, i just opened the doors got Beth out and then looked at the guy and said i wish my daughter could walk. You can guess who had the reddest face :rolleyes008:
    OMG!!! cant believe that! and good on you for embarrassing them totally
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123