1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

1st Time Disney World Trip Planner

Discussion in 'Intro's and Welcomes!' started by dayers33, Jan 11, 2012.

1. dayers33

dayers33 Earning my ears

I am planning my familys first trip to Disney World. I started researching everything Disney about 3 weeks ago for a trip we will be taking in November. I live in the Midwest and typically fly SouthWest Airlines because their fares are so much cheaper than other airlines in my area, but they only book 6 months in advance. I was stunned when I spoke with WDW to get prices for our package. Does it make sense to book now without the airfare and book air later? Or are your experiences that the fares WDW provides are always the best? The airfare is 1/2 of our entire 8 day, 7 night vacation package at a Value Resort. Just wondering if anyone has any experience in this area.
    Thanks!
  2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

You know, the thing with air fare is that it changes so much. One day they could be $20 and then an hour later they could be $40. (Obviously those prices are just a dream in my head :D).

Also, tickets tend to be more expensive if you are flying in/out on the weekend.

This is just my personal opinion, but I like to buy air fare directly from the company's site, whether that's Southwest or Delta.

Sure, on some of those travel sites you can get cheaper tickets, but cheaper should not equal to 2 connecting flights. And that tends to be the case. I remember flying from the midwest and it would normally take 2.5 hours, if I booked with one of those travel sites my ticket could have been cheaper, but I also could have spent double or triple the time traveling.

Sometimes it just boils down to doing some comparing.

Wow, I rambled a lot. Hope this helps some. :unsure:
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I've never booked my air fare through Disney. I think I would book my resort and ticket package and wait on the air fare. One thing you might want to look at is the price that Disney is offering for when you want to go and then put in pretend dates with Southwest and see how the two compare.
  4. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

I think I'd book all the Disney stuff and then book the airfare later separately. :yes:

Tom :)macwave:... earlier is better I think!)
  5. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

I book directly through Southwest, usually I try to book about 60 -90 days out and check everyday for the best price online