1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

2 Disney Outlets in Orlando

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by gwennie81, Mar 19, 2010.

1. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

Blog about the 2 discount stores:

Walt Disney World operates two outlet stores, Character Premiere in the Orlando Premium Outlets near Downtown Disney and Character Warehouse in the Prime Outlets on International Drive. The stores sell discontinued and overstocked — but not damaged — WDW merchandise at discount prices, and the selection changes as items arrive daily.

For me, shopping at the outlets is fun because I never know what I’ll find, yet I do know I’ll be paying about 40 to 50 percent less than I would on Disney property. This past week I was at both stores multiple times because I was looking for things for our upcoming Disney cruise. I found small DCL items such as journals, bumper stickers and picture frames that I will use at our “cruise party” when we tell the kids about the vacation. I also found T-shirts for the whole family that I will save as souvenirs — my children will not know or care if it is this year’s design or last year’s because they are not dated. And I’d rather pay $13 per shirt than $25!

While we are on the ship, there is a party one night themed to “Pirates in the Caribbean” and guests can dress up, which my 5-year-old daughter loves to do. I happened upon merchandise left over from the discontinued Pirate & Princess Party at the Magic Kingdom, which will be perfect for her. A crown, magic wand and eye patch are decorated in pink with a gentle skull and crossbones motif.

Recently, I also have seen children’s Mickey Croc shoes and flip flops in discontinued colors at the outlets, which were a steal. Several times I have purchased embroidered Disney hoodies for my kids, which they keep in their school backpacks. There is always a baby section, which is great for gifts, as well as seasonal decorations and even costumes. These stores also carry pins and pin-trading accessories. Most are less expensive than in the parks and are a good deal if you are just looking for something to trade.

Perhaps my favorite finds were the Disney hotel play sets that go with my son’s monorail train. He has spent many happy hours with those toys, and when I see what they’re selling for on eBay now, I wish I had bought extras.

The two stores carry most of the same merchandise, but you may find some differences. Know that there are not dressing rooms at either location, but if something does not fit, it can be returned with a receipt within 30 days. Happy hunting!