Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas at Old Key West

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear you've got a "cold." :( Andrew and I have been fighting off the sore throat and sniffles for the last couple of days. I keep holding my breath waiting to see if it will get worse, but so far it seems we've been moving fast enough to stay a step ahead of it. Massive hugs to you and herself as well as the boy...I'm sending loads of pixie dust your way for a magical and relaxing holiday...it can't help but work, too...since I'm so close and all :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! Thank you all!

Becca, there was a "bug" going around the staff at work and I managed to evade it until now. :( My luck! LOL.

The weather couldn't be nicer though, eh? At least I'm not miserable in rainy weather! :D

Herself returned home at about 1:00 am. Her niece was hungry so they had to stop for her to get something to eat. They are all still asleep right now.

I think it's bagels, bacon, coffee, juice and eggnog for breakfast. :D

I'll stop by later to share whatever it is we've been doing!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Eggnog! I knew I would miss something! Sorry the bug managed to catch you, here's hoping it will move along quickly. The weather has been AMAZING. We've (yes! Even me!) have been in the pool several times this week. And dare I say, while it HAS been crowded, we've managed to do and see everything we wish with minimal effort (except Soarin') and the crowds haven't been overbearing...fingers crossed that continues.

Feel better, friend...you have much to celebrate! xoxo

Post Thanks / Like
    I also think it all sounds good!

You know, no one has to be swinging from the rafters to make it exciting. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    They don't?! Well then, I'd better tell Keith to get down! ;)

Becca, Publix has a decent egg nog.

The boy's Da said that Cape May was not busy last night! Everyone was shocked. We've not been in the parks yet. Not sure what is going on today. Herself will help her sister move to OKW, as they need two cars... after that, dunno.

I know a little boy who is itching to get to a park though, so that needs to happen. Of course that great big red stocking wrapped in clear cell wrap is torturing him. I'm sure it's whispering "open me! open me!"

The joy of Christmas is the anticipation of a child, isn't it?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Sis, Sorry I missed all this but we too have all been fighting the bug. Ben's has turned into pneumonia and is on massive amounts of steroids, Ty is the same and I've been fighting bronchitis for 6 days. Please finish your report, can't wait to hear about the rest especially Seth!!!!( sorry, it's the kids I do love to hear about especially at X-Mas! )

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that you are fighting off bronchitis. :( Hope your family gets well soon!

Well, lessee...where were we. Ah yes.

OK, so the boy's Da returned to the Villa on Christmas Eve after the boy was sound asleep and promptly dropped everything he was carrying. Fortunately for him, he didn't wake the boy.

Last second presents wrapped and a few hours sleep until Christmas Morning.

Seth woke at a decent hour! (Honestly don't remember but it was after 7:00 am so that's decent for me). He opened his stockings, and had breakfast and then proceeded to wait...

Herself's sister and family came shortly after and we all proceeded to wait...

Herself's Mother was supposed to be there by 9:00 am...

9:30....
    10:00 ...
    10:30... (Children STILL waiting and now I'm starting to freak out wondering if she's dead on the tourist traffic road somewhere)
    11:00...

FINALLY at 11:30 am she arrives with her sister and the other family members. They changed their minds about going to midnight mass and went to morning mass instead and didn't bother to tell anyone.

I must say those little kids were excellent waiting to open their presents!!

Presents were opened (one for you, we'll watch, one for you, we'll watch) and all went well.

Food brought out for dinner and the day wended on with children playing, moving between villas (their's was two doors down from ours) eating this, drinking that. Weather was nice!

We briefly tossed around the idea of going into a park, but OKW was beautiful and no one really wanted to interfere in the flow of the day.

When all were at Herself's sister's villa, at one point I escaped back to ours and spent some time alone. Never an easy thing, those "firsts."

The next day saw us all packing up to go home, which was accomplished fairly well. Tons to load in the cars!

Herself and I were off to work the following day, and the week of Christmas played out without us.

We had an impromptu NYE party last night, and are simply relaxing the 1st of the year away.

All in all, a decent way to spend Christmas, but am glad this one is over.

Hoping that 2012 brings some measure of easing of grief, healing for those of us who are battling illnesses, and beautiful healthy babies to our Secrets family.

Take care all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well sis, it sounds pretty good for a first, I hope that the boy was able to enjoy and that the two of you were able to enjoy him enjoying. We had Ty back at the docs today and are waiting to see if he has mono

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 269858

When all were at Herself's sister's villa, at one point I escaped back to ours and spent some time alone. Never an easy thing, those "firsts."
    No, they aren't.

Sounds like a lovely way to spend the day...and what patient children!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink I hope this year brings some peace. Happy new Year to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast