Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2012 Disney Trivia game...

Post Thanks / Like
    Cogsworth?

[Yep, as you say Tom, some things are way too easy! ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone's going to have to pull Terry's connection...he's just too quick! ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 270174
    Cogsworth?

[Yep, as you say Tom, some things are way too easy! ]
    Yep. Another win for Terry.

But I've been giving it some thought and I'd like everyone to chime in on this idea. This is to level the playing field so that everyone will have a chance to play:

1. I'll post the question each day in the morning like I've been doing.
    2. Rather than answer directly in the thread, each participant should PM me their answer.
    3. I'll take all the answers I receive and, if there are multiple correct answers, choose one at random as the day's winner.
    4. Then I'll post the answer and the previous day's winner in the thread the next day when I post the new question.

Does this make sense? Is it a good idea or not? Anyone got any other ideas? What I'm trying to do is to level the playing field and give as many people as possible a chance to participate.

Your thots?

Tom (... befuddled... )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 270177
    Yep. Another win for Terry.

But I've been giving it some thought and I'd like everyone to chime in on this idea. This is to level the playing field so that everyone will have a chance to play:

1. I'll post the question each day in the morning like I've been doing.
    2. Rather than answer directly in the thread, each participant should PM me their answer.
    3. I'll take all the answers I receive and, if there are multiple correct answers, choose one at random as the day's winner.
    4. Then I'll post the answer and the previous day's winner in the thread the next day when I post the new question.

Does this make sense? Is it a good idea or not? Anyone got any other ideas? What I'm trying to do is to level the playing field and give as many people as possible a chance to participate.

Your thots?
    Totally agree with that approach Tom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love it, but it seems to create quite a bit more work for YOU...

I truly am only joking w/ Terry :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 270182
    Love it, but it seems to create quite a bit more work for YOU...

I truly am only joking w/ Terry :D
    No worries on the work front Becca. Actually, in a way it simplifies things somewhat in that I don't need to monitor the thread as closely during the day. I can just wait for all the answers to come in by the next morning and then pick the winner out of the bunch. Sorta consolidates the work into a morning routine.

As far as joking with Terry goes. You actually need to torture him more. He enjoys it so.

Tom (... troublemaker first class...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay! New rules.
    Pay Attention!

In an effort to level the playing field and give everyone a chance to participate, here's the new rules that I, as the benevolent dictator of this game have decreed to be in effect henceforth. (Keith, did I miss any legalese?)

Beginning tomorrow:

• I'll post the question in the morning just like I've been doing.
    • Do not post your answer in the thread.
    • Instead, PM your answer to me.
    • The following morning, I'll take all the correct answers from the previous days question and choose one correct answer at random as the winner.
    • Said winner will be then be posted and receive credit for having the correct answer.
    • Said winner may then pat themselves on the back with the sure and complete knowledge that they had climbed the pinnacle of success. Beyond that, they're on their own. Bragging rights not included.
    • The next day, the cycle repeats. Ad Infinitum, Ad Nauseum.

Question or comments will be gracefully and benevolently entertained. At least until I become bored, at which time all bets are off.

Tom (... Self-Proclaimed Grand High Exalted Poobah of the 2012 Disney Trivia game!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious about how you are going to randomly select the name.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 270214
    Just curious about how you are going to randomly select the name.
    Well, since you asked, I'll put all the winning names into a file. Then, I've got a perl script that will read the file into an array, choose a random number between 1 and n (where n is the number of winning names), and use the chosen number as the index into the array. It will then print the name of the user at that index in the array.

You asked!

Tom (... :geek on:)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 270216
    Well, since you asked, I'll put all the winning names into a file. Then, I've got a perl script that will read the file into an array, choose a random number between 1 and n (where n is the number of winning names), and use the chosen number as the index into the array. It will then print the name of the user at that index in the array.

You asked!

Tom (... :geek on:)
    Sounds great and much better than what I envisioned. I thought maybe you were going to pint all the names, put them in a hat and then make a blind draw. LOL.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast