Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kindle fire?

Post Thanks / Like
    so keith now your back in the uk the kindle fire does it work over here is it still ticking all the boxes just very intrested to hear how its going? :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 276301
    so keith now your back in the uk the kindle fire does it work over here is it still ticking all the boxes just very intrested to hear how its going? :)
    Well the thing is, you have to know what I'm like, I get ALL the gadgets that come out. I'm crazy. Seriously crazy but I work with technology so I use that as an excuse to stay up to speed with them.

So I've tried the fire, the blackberry playbook, the ipad 3 and all sorts in the last few months.

I would say that the fire works best as what it was designed for, a book reading device with other capabilities if you need. It's nowhere near as good as the ipad on any of them, but then it's a HECK of a lot cheaper. It IS a nice size however and my father much prefers the size/weight of the fire to the ipad.

It does work over here although the appstore doesnt by default (there are ways around that though) and all in all it's a bit of a bargain for the price that it is!

Now it wouldnt be right to mention that Josh's fave the blackberry playbook is still around for 169. That's more expensive than the fire but not STUPIDLY so. After we last discussed the playbook on here, they launched an OS 2.0 upgrade to it which added some very nice features to it. I'll own up here and now, I don't like the playbook. I dont like the way it works, the appstore, the apps, it doesnt work for me *BUT* the screen is very nice indeed and it feels like a more expensive tablet than the fire. IF you can get on with it, the playbook would be an alternative for some people and it's already in the UK
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    erm made some intresting points there. i really like my kindle but i love colour in magazines and pictures thats why i was intrested, i find the ipad a little heavy for reading but i really do like my ipad. must admit i like my gadgets also :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12