Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New iPad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Teresa,

Keith and others have been able to do it. But they have a gadget they have to use. I bought one and still couldn't get on. I *think* my problem may be that I only have the wifi for the iPad and not the added 3G. Of course, I could be completely wrong (which would not be unusual at all!)

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 269962
    So does this mean I will have trouble connecting to wifi at Disney in August on the iPad?
    right, now the story is that in most places Disney hasn't provided WIFI up until recently, it'd provided wired broadband which expects you to plug in an ethernet cable to your laptop. The ipad doesn't have a socket for a cable so out of luck there.

The gadget Johnie mentioned is an airport express which takes in the cable and converts it to wifi. TA-DA all your wifi gadgets will then work, ipad, iphone, laptop etc. You just call up a webpage which will invite you to charge the broadband to the room, you answer yep and then you're online.

Now, more recently, Disney is increasing its wifi coverage so you may find you are covered by wifi anyway but no, as standard in Disney resort rooms, you dont have wifi you have wired and would need a gadget to get the ipad to connect.

(the other option is an ipad ethernet adapter which ought to work just fine too but I prefer the airport express)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 269963
    Teresa,

Keith and others have been able to do it. But they have a gadget they have to use. I bought one and still couldn't get on. I *think* my problem may be that I only have the wifi for the iPad and not the added 3G. Of course, I could be completely wrong (which would not be unusual at all!)
    Nah you definitely only need wifi on the ipad not 3G.

It'll be the setup of the Airport Express. It doesn't need MUCH config but there will have been something that stopped you. Next time you're there gimme a shout and we'll get it working

Post Thanks / Like
    May well have to get a 3 when they come out as some of the newer software is a bit clunky on the original

Still amazed by how much I use my iPad though - I'm never more than 6 ft away from it, its beena revolution

Saw some rumours of a 2s and a 3 being released

Post Thanks / Like
    Teresa, we bought a portable router for between 30 and 40 to take with us, got it off amazon and it worked really well. If you need help finding one let me know

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is fairly unrelated, but since working at PC World I've been shocked at the range of people that look at iPads It is a bit like the wii in the fact that people of all generations look at using them, where as I really did think it would be mainly younger people or business people.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    so do you reckon the 3 will have that much more that i have to have? Jon has finally seen the light and is going to take my 1 off my hands, there's a really good signal with 3 around here and 3 are doing a really competitive 13GB monthly contract. I would definitely get a 3G one next time and less storage. don't want to get the 2 now though and be jealous of the new 3 LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I think most of us are having trouble imagining many killer features in the 3. Perhaps more screen resolution, yet faster cpu, perhaps near field comms, definitely needs better cameras. Impossible to say until it's out though!

I do agree about buying a 2 so close to a 3 release. Although no one knows if/when a 3 will show up, they WILL launch one and this year makes sense from a release timescsale point of view.

In terms of 3G I've gone the other way. I had 3g on the ipad 1 but now that I can use the iphone's data for the ipad, I just use that when I need it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Latest from the rumor mill has an iPad 3 and IOS 5.1 event scheduled for early February.

The 3 is supposed to have near Retina screen display resolution.
    Yeah, I'd wait a few weeks.

Tom (... monger of the rumor du jour!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Who do you use for your data Keith? I want to be not worrying about a huge bill when I do take it out and about really.

I think you're both right really about waiting, would really like a faster CPU and looking forward to having a camera on it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast