Universal Orlando’s Newest Attraction, Despicable Me is coming to Universal Studios in 2012
Facts About the New Attraction:
One of the most successful animated films of 2010, Universal’s Pictures’ “Despicable Me” thrilled audiences across the globe with its outrageous humor, endearing characters and compelling storyline – all of which guests will be able to experience exclusively at Universal Orlando in 2012.
Universal Orlando’s new “Despicable Me” attraction will be an all-new, fun 3-D experience that places guests right in the middle of an unforgettable adventure featuring their favorite characters from the film – Gru, his daughters Margo, Edith and Agnes, and of course, Gru’s not-so-bright pit crew, the minions
The attraction will utilize a brand-new, highly sophisticated Infitec 3-D projection system designed to make the experience sharper, clearer and more “real” than ever before.
Universal Orlando’s Creative team is working closely with producer Chris Meledandri, the founder of Illumination Entertainment, to create all-new animation for an all-new “Despicable Me” adventure that places guests right in the center of the action.
During the attraction experience, guests will:
Background About the Film:
- Laugh as they embark on an entirely-new, high-tech 3-D digital adventure
- Marvel as they explore Gru’s lair and descend into his secret lab
- Shriek as the entire family is transformed into minions
- Celebrate as they are swept into a first-ever, minion-inspired, interactive dance party where they can show off their best moves
“Despicable Me” was the first 3-D-CGI feature produced by Universal Pictures.
With a worldwide gross of more than $540 million, 2010’s “Despicable Me,” from directors Chris Renaud & Pierre Coffin, is the sixth most successful film that Universal Pictures has ever distributed. It is now the 10th-biggest animated film in U.S. history.
A sequel will be released in 2013.
- The film was released on July 10, 2010 and opened at the number one spot on the box office.
- It is the second highest-grossing animated film of 2010 in the United States and Canada.
- The film was nominated for “Best Animated Feature” at the 2011 Golden Globe Awards.
- It won “Best Animated Movie” at the 2011 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards.