Universal’s Islands of Adventure is one of two amazing theme parks at Universal Orlando Resort — the only Orlando destination where you are not just entertained; you are part of the most exhilarating entertainment ever created.
- Universal’s Islands of Adventure features some of the most thrilling and innovative rides and attractions ever made on seven spectacularly themed islands:
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Marvel Super Hero Island
- Toon Lagoon
- Jurassic Park
- The Lost Continent
- Seuss Landing
- Port of Entry
- Opened in 1999 with Academy Award-winning producer/director Steven Spielberg as creative consultant
- Size: 101 acres
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is the most spectacular themed environment ever created – and the only place in the world where the adventures of Harry Potter come to life.
- The 20-acre area includes the village of Hogsmeade featuring Zonko’s joke shop, Honeydukes, the Three Broomsticks, the Hog’s Head pub, the Owlery and Owl Post, Ollivanders and Dervish and Banges.
- Just beyond Hogsmeade is Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods and three attractions that place guests right in the middle of Harry’s world: Dragon Challenge, Flight of the Hippogriff and, located within Hogwarts castle, Harry Potter and theForbidden Journey.
Mardi Gras - February - April
Each spring, Universal Studios Florida celebrates the spirit of the Big Easy with the biggest Mardi Gras celebration outside of New Orleans which showcases top-name artists and bands, a parade filled with elaborate floats and more.
Halloween Horror Nights - October
Universal Orlando Resort brings your worst nightmares to life during its annual event, Halloween Horror Nights. For select nights every fall, Universal Studios Florida becomes home to all-new haunted houses, inescapable scarezones, hundreds of frightening scareactors and live shows.
Holiday Events - December
Universal Orlando transforms into a seasonal spectacular every December, featuring special holiday-themed entertainment including the Macy's Holiday Parade and Grinchmas, special decorations, food and more.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is the only place where guests can see the Hogwarts Founders; they haven’t appeared in any of the Harry Potter films.
- The Hogwarts Express train, located at the front of Hogsmeade in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, is an exact replica of the one from the Harry Potter films.
- The thrilling 85-foot plunge at the end of Jurassic Park River Adventure is the longest water descent ever built.
- For the first time in theme park history, The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man combines moving, motion-based platform ride vehicles, 3-D film and live action in one revolutionary ride.
- Dr. Seuss never drew straight lines in his illustrations; everything was curved, slanted or “wonky.” Thus, there are no straight lines in Seuss Landing.