Universal Studios Florida is one of two amazing theme parks at Universal Orlando Resort — the only Orlando destination where you are not just entertained; you are part of the most exhilarating entertainment ever created.
- Universal Studios Florida features cutting-edge attractions – based on pop-culture icons, Hollywood blockbuster films and hit television shows – that transport visitors into a highly imaginative world where they can leap through the screen and become the star.
- Opened in 1990
- Size: 107 acres
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, is a radically-innovative roller coaster that combines hit music, first-ever maneuvers and highly-sophisticated audio and video for a one-of-a-kind ride experience.
Mardi Gras at Universal Studios ~ February – April
Celebrate the spirit of New Orleans with an elaborate parade, hundreds of costumed characters, tons of souvenir beads, Cajun cuisine and live performances by top-name talent.
Summer Concert Series ~ Select Dates During Summer
Guests can top off their day in the parks with a nighttimemega-concert at Universal Studios’ outdoor music venue,the Music Plaza.
Rock The Universe ~ September
For one faith-filled weekend, guests have the opportunity to see live performances by some of the biggest names in Christian music.
Macy’s Holiday Parade ~ December
The streets come alive each holiday season with the magic of the Macy’s Holiday Parade, featuring authentic balloons and floats from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York.
- Many of the structures and facades in Universal Studios are modeled after sets from famous movies and television shows, including “Pretty Woman,” “The Godfather” and “The Cosby Show.”
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit features three world’s first maneuvers – the Double Take (the world’s largest non-inverted loop), the Treble Clef (track built in the shape of the musical symbol) and the Jump Cut (a spiraling negative-gravity move).
- The music-based Treble Clef maneuver on Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit was first sketched out on a paper napkin.
- There are 24 instantly recognizable Springfield characters –all voiced by the original actors – that appear inThe Simpsons Ride.
- Many of the Egyptian hieroglyphics decorating the walls throughout Revenge of the Mummy spell out real words and warnings to visitors.
- Shrek 4-D marks the first time that a film’s original cast and creative team have united to produce an attraction based on an animated film.