Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi my name is Cody. I am married to my wonderful wife Pam and have a 14 month old girl and one due in march. We are in the process of deciding if we would like to join my sister on their trip to wdw next year. We want to go, but we are sure our kids will be old enough. They will be 2 and 1 at the time of the trip. The other problem we haveing trouble deciding is where to stay with such young kids if we do go. Please make suggestions i will listen to all. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and to Disney Secrets Cody. If you were to ask me personally I would say that 1 and 2 is too young however, MANY of our members have taken children of that age and had tons of fun. If money is not an object then I would recommend one of the Magic Kingdom Resorts (Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary) so that you could easily take them back for a nap. If money is an object then I would recommend either All Star Movies or Pop Century for children that age.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I've taken our little guy since he was 6 months old. Babies love Disney, as long as you don't push them to the characters. Some children are very fearful of them. Others are not.

The little ones get so excited and truly enjoy Disney, especially the "little things" that you may not even notice.

People say "they won't remember..." But you will. And trust me. This won't be your last trip!

I don't know what sort of budget you have for accommodations but I would strongly recommend a DVC vacation villa. You'd have a full kitchen (if you went with a one bedroom or larger) and a separate bedroom to put the children down for their naps, or even at night. They are very spacious and have a washer and a dryer so you won't have to worry about running out of clothing due to accidents, ect.

If you don't like that idea, I'd say give Port Orleans a look. They have a trundle bed which would be good for your little one (and the baby would be able to use a pack and play).

I hope this helps a bit. Others here will be along to share their experiences of bringing babies and toddlers to WDW.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    The budget is cheaper the better but now cheap just to get by. We want to be comfortable in our room. I would like to stay in the new animation resort because they have a little more room then the rest of the value resorts. The only problem is the do cost more. Is there a way to rent the villas from people direct instead of going through disney? Yes this will not be our last time which is also waying in on the budget. I want to return for sure in 2015 before my oldest starts school. I also found a place off site that is a 3 bedroom house for cheaper then the animation resort. I know the trip is far off just trying to get our options lined up. My wife and I LOVE DISNEY we went two years ago and had a blast. We can not wait to go back and enjoy it with the little ones now. Thanks for all the help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Some DVC owners rent out points and that is much more cost effective than booking through Disney for those accommodations. Unfortunately, I can't help you much with it as I don't personally know anyone who rents points.

Staying offsite in a reasonably priced villa is something that many, many smart people do!

Staying onsite is fun, but truly staying offsite can be much more comfortable!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    So who has experienc of staying at a value resort vs offsite? We stayed offsite last time and we like it and dis liked it. So much to decide thankfully i have so many days to think about it lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the family .We started taking our daughter to disney at 8 mo.
    We have a lot of photos with mickey and friends. We have been going for years she even interned in the magic kingdom while in collage . We have stayed in many
    of the resorts on property. The biggest thing to think of is when your on property
    you dont have the rent a car the bus service is great parking fees add up
    also you get extra magic hours these help to get you on the popular rides with
    less wait .They also offer baby sitting at some resorts. We used the never land
    club To get some alone time . We stayed off site and the traffic every day was
    bad .

mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!!
    We are taking our soon to be here baby to Disney in October and he will be 8months then. It possible will be a little to young but will be fun for us to get excited for him.
    We went with my family including my 2 yr old nephew to Disney Paris and he loved it and got very excited with the characters - he loved tigger.
    I personally dont think they can ever be too young.
    With accommodation the last time we went we stayed on site at animal kingdom lodge for one week then went offsite and stayed in my mum and dads timeshare for the other week (we did non Disney things this week). Perhaps that could be an option for you. This year we are staying in a villa offsite as we like the self catering side of things and also the fact we will have our own swimming pool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi cprej!

And to Secrets.

Sorry I can't be of much assistance on this one. My kids are all long grown and gone. I'm sure that other people will be able to provide excellent advice and counsel however.

Tom (... older than dirt!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Cody!

Welcome to Secrets

I honestly believe you ar enever too young for Disney... and the memories you and your wife will have of your LOs experiencing the magic for the first time will last a lifetime!

We took our daughter when she was 18mo ... she does not remember any of it, but during the trip she had the most fun at it was magical to experience Disney through her eyes

some tips.

Take your strollers... I would suggest reclining and with a decent hood if you dont have one, you can always rent one, I know of two websites that rent really good strollers for a decent price

Respect your LOs schedule for naps and meals. All parks have a child care center where you can buy/ heat baby formula and food, change diapers, feed babies, etc.... they offer a super relaxed atmosphere, you forget you are in the park while there.

Realize you wont be able to see everything and go on every ride, it will stress you to even try. Just enjoy whatever it is your kids enjoy

I prefer to stay onsite, more so with little ones since that gives you the option of leaving the park mid day, going to the resort for naps, having a couple of hours by the pool, etc....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast