Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What to take on self catering trip

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 270781
    I've got my list ready for Publix before we get there as we've got our favourite bread, food etc Yes I really do write a list on the flight over :D
    I bet you even try to get your Tesco/Nectar points too when you do your shop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 270803
    OK, so you won't like the bakery bread then Chris said you like plastic bread (I have slapped him ) I would have thought Publix's own pre-sliced bread that isn't baked in store would be ok, I'm sure Tink will know of something
    Well 'ang on a mo

I love fresh bread from the bakery and given the choice I'd have that every day so if you've some good suggestions where to get that in Orlando I'm up for it!

We eat Warburtons because we reckon it's the best out of the pre-sliced, throw a couple in the freezer pre-sliced stuff in the supermarkets.

I wouldnt eat warburtons over fresh warm bakery bread if given the chance :)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The atlanta bread company does nice fresh bread- do they have them in Orlando?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 270784
    Ah now... bread..... yes hmmm I've not figured that one out yet really.

I do love sandwiches but just can't get "normal" uk bread/butter out there :/
    I found anything with 'Italian' in the title was much more like the bread we have here taste wise I used to get it at Walgreens because it didn't involve getting a ride off my neighbour to publix/target

I definitely prefer Publix, much more like the type of supermarket we have in the UK
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 270811
    I bet you even try to get your Tesco/Nectar points too when you do your shop.
    No I don't I'm just organised :D

Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 270815
    Well 'ang on a mo

I love fresh bread from the bakery and given the choice I'd have that every day so if you've some good suggestions where to get that in Orlando I'm up for it!

We eat Warburtons because we reckon it's the best out of the pre-sliced, throw a couple in the freezer pre-sliced stuff in the supermarkets.

I wouldnt eat warburtons over fresh warm bakery bread if given the chance :)
    OK

Now if I was as bad as Terry I'd say dough

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keith, get thee to Whole Foods, for heaven's sake! They have several selections of nice butter there, Kerrygold, Lurpak, Plugra, and yes I do like Land O Lakes unsalted for a basic butter to cook with. For spreading there is a lovely goat's milk butter at Whole Foods and a super lovely butter from the Emilio Romana region of Italy.

Bread. Buy the bread from Publix bakery. You can get whole loves or sliced. Or, go to Yalaha where there is real bread. Real, honest to goodness BREAD.

Remember there is one on Orange Ave in downtown Orlando now too.

Panera tries to do a decent bread, but I don't care for it much.

Pre sliced packaged bread? Nature's Own.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Brilliant thanks! :) another post to print off

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 270770
    I love my tea and I always used to take yorkshire tea or similar with me. I noticed though that the main failure of US tea making in restaurants hasn't normally been the tea rather the preperation. They tend to use hot not boiling water and as we tea drinkers know ;-) it must be made with boiling water. Then add half and half or, gulp, cream, rather than milk and you have a useless cuppa.

When made properly, even normal US lipton/nestea can be ok

Anyway I agree with everyone else, you don't need to take anything much since you'll be able to purchase it out there without it taking up room/weight in your luggage.

I think that the resorts and restaurants do not serve it at a boil because of insurance purposes. There was a large law suit involving McDonalds a few years back when a coustmer spilt her coffee on her lap and got burned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 270886
    I think that the resorts and restaurants do not serve it at a boil because of insurance purposes. There was a large law suit involving McDonalds a few years back when a coustmer spilt her coffee on her lap and got burned.
    Nah I just think they just don't know they're supposed to. After all, we were at Ruth's chris who serve the plates at xhundred degrees and all those sizzling platters.

I just think a lot of them don't understand that tea is different from coffee in that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember my first trip to Walmart... I was at the Subway there getting a sub, and the British couple in front of me asked for a cup of tea... the guy (who, let's face it couldn't be bothered either way) handed them a paper cup and pointed to the tea (sweet, ICE tea!) they came back complaining that it was ice cold and that they wanted hot tea. So he filled it with tea and then put hot water in it from the coffee machine

I'm just thankful that I enjoy ice tea otherwise I couldn't have coped in Florida
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast