Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety... Can anyone help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Johnie. Not on any prescribed meds but have been taking Valerian. I did wonder about meditation, it is reported to help. Maybe I should get a cd.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Our neighbours are noisy and when they start I go into the front bedroom, put some nice relaxing music on low and read a book.

One way I was shown to control my panic attacks, was to lie down and breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth as slowly as possible, until my breathing started to get back to normal. When it was under control, I was told to start thinking of my toes relaxing and then work my way up until I let all the stress out of the top of my head, it was something to the with colour therapy I think. It sounds a bit weird but it did actually help sometimes.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I can't understand why they are not keeping it down if you have asked them, as they do know about it now? Maybe they are a *loud* family? Some people live their lives loud and don't know it.

I can only suggest a very sweet letter to them (appeal to their better nature first) and some ear plugs. After that it becomes more and more stressful to you to deal with it firmly so you may not want to go that route :(

If they have kids then there is light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully they will grow up and move out. Ours did and life is blissful now :D not our kids but theirs lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Wendy, I'll try that. :)

Esmeralda, yes they are indeed a loud family so I don't think there's any changing that.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    What time are they making all the noise MP? Has anybody else spoken to them about it?

I sympathise with you i really do, we used to have a neighbour that used to have friends around and play instruments, it wasnt good at all

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure you know this already, MystikPiglit, but ginger helps nausea. You can try nibbling on slices of candied ginger.

Have Peter continue to speak with them. Sometimes, it takes awhile for folks to get the message but if the request to lower the noise is made cordially and frequently, it may help affect change.

I do understand the situation. Our neighbor used to have band practice in his garage! You couldn't hear the television over it and it would go on to ten at night. Fortunately for us, the band appears to have broken up. Now all we have to contend with is his banging on his drums in the garage.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for reminding me about the ginger, Tink.
    We've decided to make a different room into the sitting-room so I just need to hang on for a few weeks. (The neighbours aren't the sort to change to suit us.)
    I've decided to have a word with my GP, if I can get an appointment......... Hopefully I'll see one that understands anxiety.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes biofeedback works well. It's a system where you learn to immediately recognize when anxiety is starting (or tension increases) then use a series of physiological techniques specific to you, to control the escalation. Some of the techniques are breathing (like Wendy described) through light exercise to redirect the adrenaline usage.

Speaking with your doc as a first step is the best idea.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    You never know, they may surprise you and just move out one day. I really hope for your sakes that happens x Hugs for you to keep you going X

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Esmeralda.

I came to realise, last night, that I think 8 months of stress has caused this. We moved, Milo was ill and my cat is ill. Added to the house problem I think I've just reached my limit. :(
    [CENTER]

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast