Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety... Can anyone help?

Post Thanks / Like
    glad to hear you are feeling better!

I have a very mild anxiety. But, for the last several weeks I've been battling an almost daily panic attack. No idea what is causing this. I had originally thought it was due to my trying to avoid the anniversary of my grandfather's death (he's been dead 19 years now ) but I dealt with that. Last week was the worst though. I swear I could feel the anxiety like it was a tangible being sitting on my neck/chest. UGH awful! So, I completely understand what you are going through. It is not pleasant at all (I probably should mention that I did have 3 panic attacks the year my grandfather died that sent me to the emergency roome each time. I had NO idea what they were then. I only diagnosed myself years later when I was in school).

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Johnie.
    It's reassuring to hear from someone that understands how debilitating anxiety can be.
    In my past I've got through a bad marriage/ divorce/ parents dying within 18 months of each other and then having cancer twice. Why do I now need meds? Is it just because I'm older or have I just finally been through too much...
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I truly think that stress and anxiety can take awhile to catch up. There is NOTHING wrong with needing help from medication. Sometimes it can act as the bridge to help you find teh coping strategies that you need.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Diane, I'm proud of you to go through everything you have and not had to take any medication for your anxiety is brilliant

If you need a little extra help now, then it's fine, don't look on it as a failure of any kind, because it's not I have been on meds for panic attacks and depression since I had my breakdown. It's not a perfect situation having to take them all the time, but it helps me get through every day.

You'll get through this

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Wendy.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw sticky I'm so sorry to have missed this. Anxiety is a foul, penetrating, disabling, misunderstood , hidden affliction

I utterly understand how awful it is, and how that even in the good times you feel like you are being stalked from behind with it waiting to get you again

I'm always around if you need me

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a theory that presents with anxiety (and other adrenaline releasing reactions) cortisol is released which in turn stresses the physiological systems of the body. Over time, the body's response to cortisol weakens which can result in a stress syndrome like condition.

I'm not explaining it well, but had an endocrinologist explain the theory to me. All that to offer a potential answer to "why now."

It's good to know you are feeling some better. Reducing the experience of anxiety is a big step in the right direction.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 272181
    Aw sticky I'm so sorry to have missed this. Anxiety is a foul, penetrating, disabling, misunderstood , hidden affliction

I utterly understand how awful it is, and how that even in the good times you feel like you are being stalked from behind with it waiting to get you again
    So true Chris if only all docs were as understanding as you

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feeing rather depressed right now....

how that even in the good times you feel like you are being stalked from behind with it waiting to get you again
    That is so true...

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 272181
    I'm always around if you need me
    I'm sure that you have enough demands upon your time without having to help me.

~Tink, thanks for that explanation. That does sound very likely.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote="MystikPiglit, post: 272202"]Feeing rather depressed right now.... QUOTE]

one step at a time, you will have good days and not so good days Put some relaxing music on and look through some photos of Milo or of other times when you've been happy. Just don't do what I end up doing, looking back at photos that make me cry

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast