Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What phone do you have?

Post Thanks / Like
    The time has come, again :) :) I need a new phone but which to get I have an old nokia at the moment but it lasts ages and is easy to text on which is why I like it

I dont know whether to get a blackberry or an iphone or what.

What do you have and do you like it?????

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you thought about the Samsung Galaxy S2 my DH had one for Christmas after having an old Nokia N95 8gb it was a shock to the system, but he is over the moon with it.

Keith suggested it as a stop gap until the new iphone came out, but he says he doesn't think he'll bother now

I think I will probably end up with it when the S3 comes out later this year, although I must admit I can text faster on my N95 than I can on his S2

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well we get all the different types at work so I'm spoilt for choice and swap all the time

I'd say, the iphone 4/4s is best for quality build feel and "just works". Its mode of operation with the icons is pretty boring these days and its home screen is pretty old school when compared to newer phones but you won't go wrong with it.

The Galaxy SII takes some getting used to but is the best android phone I've ever tried. Android out of the box is pretty hateful IMHO and most people I recommend it to ditch it in a day but I knew Wendy's DH would stick with it and once you start to customise it, you find amazing things like animated backgrounds with the weather etc. Fantastically themable SMS pro and all sorts. It's a phone which lets you really play and change everything so it suits you. Not a phone for those who just want it to work! a phone for those who want infinite configurability.

The nokia lumias are wonderful windows phones. Windows phones are now great, dont let anyone tell you differently. Theyve come a long way and are slick but new. It's a great compromise between android and iphone having the slick feel of iphone but congurability more like android. The live tiles you get on the home screen change and let you see new facebook posts, twitter, news etc all with one glance and is WAY better than a bunch of icons on the iphone.

I do agree though Wendy, I could text faster on my nokia n95 than any smart phone :( I do miss the 95

Blackberry well I'm not complaining about it because I know people love theirs but all the indications are of an ailing company on a steady and steep decline. The technology behind it is nothing special any more and if anything, LESS reliable than other smart phones. The handsets are unremarkable and frankly we just cant imagine many developers coding for it when they have iphone/android/windows phone to code for.

So personally I'd stay clear of blackberry unless you're a die hard fan.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Having owned 2 Blackberrys myself and having one for work, I would say NO BLACKBERRY. My new phone is a Motorola Razr Android. I love it. Donna has one too.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I just had a phone upgrade issue the other night. I went in wanting the iPhone 4S. I got talked into trying the Samsung something or other skyrocket. I HATED IT. It was too big! I know, I know, I couldn't believe I said that either. I had people asking me why I didn't like it. I couldn't explain it other than it was too big and not "Johnie friendly". I went back yesterday and have a shiny new iPhone 4S. All is right with the world. Oh and I love Siri. Even though she does not know where Walt Disney World is

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    The "too big" thing is very valid. A guy in work got the very latest google Nexus which is light and thin but has a large screen. He was showing me last week how he couldnt hold it and reach all the parts of the screen with his thumb. So nice screen but too large so no use for his use.

I truly think the iphone is large enough :/ Any larger and its uncomfortable to hold.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love you Keith. A man who gets it

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    well i went from an iphone to a htc wildfire s last year and i totally love it i thought i would miss my iphone as my son "borrowed" it but i just love my htc its simple to use and navigate and it just suits my life style :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I cant justify the cost of the phones out there at the moment - the popular ones anyway, im a 50 or less girl myself!
    As long as i can ring and text then im happy with that - im not bothered about having the internet when im out and about

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 271626
    I cant justify the cost of the phones out there at the moment - the popular ones anyway, im a 50 or less girl myself!
    As long as i can ring and text then im happy with that - im not bothered about having the internet when im out and about
    You're lucky Kate! if you can avoid caring about stuff that makes you get a larger phone, stay that way as long as possible I really miss my small nokias and I was a lot faster texting with the predictive text than I am on the iphone/smartphones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast