Thread: Help me please!

Post Thanks / Like
    We went to the botanical gardens today so thought id see if i could take some nice photos. I used mostly the IA setting on the camera - you know the one that is automatic. Anyway, when i uploaded the photos to my pc and had a look at them im a bit disappointed, they just dont look that sharp I love the macro ones, they are always great (apart from when dd is nudging me to "look at that over there mummy"

I was wondering if theres a reason for it - could it be the light, something im doing or not doing? If i cant take decent normal photos with this camera then it would be a waste of money really!

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you allowing the auto focus to stabilise before you push the shutter down fully?
    It`s fairly obvious, but this is a mistake I made when I first used a camera with an auto focus facility.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd probably have a to see a few Kate :/

It could be as Slowhand says, it could be hand shake, slow shutter selected by the camera.... a whole ton of things
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought id waited - i will have to take more notice next time. Im wondering if it was the light and if i put one of those thingys on the end of the lense it might shade it a bit, im sure you know what i mean by "thingy" dont you?!
    They just dont look that sharp to me - what do you think?
    [ATTACH]10304.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]10305.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]10306.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve seen a lot worse!!!! [Mainly that I`ve taken! ]
    It seems to me that the focus is set to the closest object [especially in the first shot] where the foreground foliage is in focus and the background is a bit out of focus. This is normal, and can make a good effect by focussing onto the main subject.

Are you able to vary the focus point on your camera?

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know - i just kind of assumed that as it was automatic it would just take a photo without focussing on anything if that makes sense? just take it as it is!

Post Thanks / Like
    i can change the exposure and i can change the af tracking