Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Port Orleans ... questions!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know there are some PO fans here, so please come out and HELP ME!!

We will be staying at the newly renovated Royal Guest Rooms... from what I have heard, these will be located in the Magnolia Bend Area of the resort... however, I have no clue which buildings will have this type of rooms

So... some questions..

Anyone know which Magnolia Buildings will have Royal Guest Rooms? We have standard view, thinking we should maybe upgrade to preferred if we are too far away?

if we are at the furthest Magnolia Bend Manor, how far is it to the dining hall/main pool?

I read the the buses sometimes fill up in the first 2 depots, so... anyone know which are the first two??

Where is Piano Bob located?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mari, none of the Magnolia Bend rooms are terribly far from the food court and it is a lovely walk along/over the river. I don't know which ones have been selected to upgrade however. Bob is in the lounge in the same building as check in/Boatwright's/the food court.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Mari,

I don't know which Magnolia Bend buildings got the upgrades either. But like John says, it's a nice walk. Maybe 5 minutes. The way the resort is laid out, any of the Magnolia Bend buildings are only going to be about a 5 minute walk to the main building (where Boatwrights Dining Hall, the River Roost lounge and Yeehaa Bob are). On the attached map (it's an old map so some of the names are slightly different), Magnolia Bend is on the right and consists of Acadian House, Magnolia Terrace, Oak Manor, and Parterre Place.

The main pool is actually on an island in the middle of the resort. Between the Magnolia Bend buildings and the main building. That's item "D" on the attached map. However, there are smaller pools scattered around the resort between the buildings. The items marked "P" on the map.

The main bus stop (the first one) is right in front of the main building. The "Mason Platform" and the "Dixie Platform" on this map. Although I think they're now called the "River Delta Platform" and the "Blue Bayou Platform".

[ATTACH]10318.vB[/ATTACH]

Hope this helps. If you've got more questions, let us know!

Tom (... y'all come back now. Ya' hear!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Initial rooms are at Oak Manor and Parterre Place and will be a total of 512 rooms when completed
    vincent@mickeystravel.com
    http://www.mickeystravel.com
    For A Walt Disney World Quote Click Here

Have a magical day!

My Trips: 91 GF- 92 CB,DL, POL- 93 CT,DL,CB- 94 WL,CB,BC- 95ASSP,WL,POL,CB- 96 DL,YC,ASM,BV,ASSP- 97 POL,CS, WL,DL,POF-98 WL,CB,ASM,DCL- 99 CS,BI,ASMV,POF- 00 GF,DCL,ASM,CS- 01 POL,CB,ASSP,AKL,ASMV, WLV- 02 YC,ASMV,BCV,AKL- 03 WL,CB,GF, POP- 04 CS,BC, POP,CT,SS- 05 ASSP,POR,WL,CB- 06 POL,POP,AKV, ASMV- 07 GF,WL,CB,DCL- 08 ASM,YC- 09 CS,WL- 10 CT,AKL- 11 WL

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much everyone!

This clears up all my doubts... for the time being hahahaha.. Ill be sure to bother you again in the near future!

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know how long it takes to walk from POFQ to POR?

Post Thanks / Like
    Lobby to lobby about 10 minutes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt we will have any time or energy left at the end of the day hahaha, but if we do, Id love to walk to POFQ and take a peek

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 271796
    Lobby to lobby about 10 minutes.
    cool! at least it won't be hot when we're going. I"m booked into POFQ as i liked the rooms better. Is that where you stayed?

Post Thanks / Like
    No we stayed in Riverside as I prefer the theming and the facilities there, bth are lovely though don't think you can go wrong with either.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast